ive just found my dream car

Underboss
Associate
It looks pretty cool, but not dream car territory for me. At the end of the day if I was in the market for a track day weapon I'd be more tempted by something really silly like an Atom, BAC Mono or one of those older Radicals with the V8 engines (extra points for anything available with a manual gearbox, although I CBA to check which of those are right now).

Associate
Looks sort of generic, as if it could be a GTA 5 car. Also those little flap windows remind me of that race Aston Martin James May drove over mountain passes on that top gear special. Got to strip down to your pants to cool down:D

Soldato
A "race car" on the road is loads of fun, but not every day :D.

No point spending THAT much money though, even the "cheap" ones will dust most things if that's what you want to do.

Soldato
I was expecting a random UAE owned company of sorts buying the naming rights to Brabham, pleasantly surprised it is actually still in the family of Jack Brabham and funded by an Ausie firm.

Cant say im a fan of the looks but it does look fun :D

Soldato
Another piece of pointless twoddle that will sit in some rich idiot's garage, never to be used, only to be bragged about.

Super/hyper cars have become just silly lately.

This is my issue with super cars, I bet 90% of the real driving done in them is by the journalists and ot the actual owners.

That, and they then ruin them to 'personalise' them. I saw some YouTube video where a guy had a Bugatti porcelain plated or something.

It cost a fortune and made the car less good.

What a waste.

That said, I still love the car in the OP.

Caporegime
Soldato
Porcelain plated??

Do you mean "ceramic coated" which is just a way of protecting the paintwork?

Or are you talking about this, which isn't something "some guy" did, rather a special edition?

https://www.bugatti.com/models/veyron-models/bugatti-editions/lor-blanc/

Or has someone had pottery glued all over their car? :D

I dunno, it was one night when I left YouTube running and SuperCarBlondie came on.

The guy had 2 Bugattis and had ruined them both to some degree.

Yeah, it's this one.

Caporegime
I dunno, it was one night when I left YouTube running and SuperCarBlondie came on.

The guy had 2 Bugattis and had ruined them both to some degree.

Yeah, it's this one.

"A guy had a car porcelain plated or something" is a bit of a stretch from the reality which is:

The Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport L’Or Blanc is the result of an extraordinary collaboration between Bugatti and the Royal Porcelain Factory in Berlin. It represents a new design principle for a Bugatti automotive artwork. It was the first time that a car’s bodyshell and interior have both been fitted with high-quality porcelain elements.

This is faithful to the tradition of Bugatti founder Ettore Bugatti, who also liked to experiment with new materials not normally used in cars. The catalyst for the collaboration was Rembrandt Bugatti’s famous elephant. Initially, the Royal Porcelain Factory planned to simply produce a porcelain figure of the elephant, then the idea of also creating a service came up – and the final result was this extraordinary, unique Grand Sport.

:D

I do love this line from Top Gear in 2011...

According to Bugatti, the fastest production convertible in the world is the first car ever to wear porcelain inside and out. Which could be because people don’t want bits of sculpted bog in their car.

Last edited:
Soldato
"A guy had a car porcelain plated or something" is a bit of a stretch from the reality which is:

:D

Not really. Its still the worst thing you could do to a Bugatti.

That's why the world has gone mad, when someone pays a premium for having the best performing car in the world. And then makes it not the best performing car in the world at an eye watering expense. Its just silly.

Man of Honour
Reminds me of the Aston Martin Vulcan - think I'd rather have that one though some of the street legal adaption ruins it a bit.

Caporegime
Not really. Its still the worst thing you could do to a Bugatti.

That's why the world has gone mad, when someone pays a premium for having the best performing car in the world. And then makes it not the best performing car in the world at an eye watering expense. Its just silly.

Not really. Also failing to see how sticking a few bits of porcelain on a car ruins it.

It looks great, and still works just as well as a Veyron.

Its not like someone put wooden cart wheels on it.

Back
Top Bottom