I need a full 3000 series build + advice

Associate
I am looking to buy a dope new PC to play the latest games and future games at high frames and was hoping someone could help me.

I need absolutely everything in the case including the case, either in parts or prebuilt. So far im set on criteria, hopefully that will will give you an idea of my budget.

Owned parts

Monitor: LG 27GL850 27'' 144hz https://prnt.sc/ub2ycg

Known Parts (i think)

GFX: 3000 series card

CPU: anything intel please

Unknown Parts

HDD/SSD: I would like fast drives as possible for my operating system, preferably 1TB-2TB so i can load my favourite games fast as well. then a big 2ndary hard drive for all my files

Motherboard: Something compatible with the rest, pretty much the minimum i can get by with without throttling any of my other parts, i probably wont overlock anything. prefer a reputable brand please

RAM: As much as possible without going overkill, good memory for gaming etc.

RGB: Not a huge fan of flashy cases and lights, I dont mind a bit of RGB so long as its tasteful, i like Corsair brand in the past.

Power: Anything that will get the job done, prefer a reputable brand please.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer someone who is severely out the loop on this tech

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Both those other use cases would be much better suited to a Ryzen system than Intel. :)

Do you have any budget region you want to be around?
i hear that a lot but im just a bit of an intel fanboy

i dont really have a capped budget but i dont want to waste my money at the same time, pretty much just what i described above should probably give you an idea for each part

its hard to put a budget on things because it might rule out a better deal

Associate
The new 3000 series cards use PCIE Gen 4, which is available on AMD Ryzen systems, but not on Intel. They are backward compatible with the older Gen 3, as available on Intel, but until the reviews and testing no one will know if the Gen 4 systems (AMD only) will offer an actual benefit.

They may on the higher bandwidth cards (3080 and up), but that is pure speculation at this time.

Either way, investing your money in an AMD system at this time will be a better investment with an upgrade path, and (worse case) likely offer no noticeable difference in gaming with any existing Intel system, whilst offering a noticeable improvement in the other tasks you mention.

New Ryzen chips will launch at the end of this year which would slot into an existing B550 MB, and though again speculation it is anticipated these will overhaul the current Intel offering in Gaming, and to be honest even now at 1440p and above, there is no real difference.

If you go Intel, when they do launch the 11th gen chips, maybe next year you will need another new MB and chip - these are expected to finally introduce Gen 4 PCIE.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
This is what I am looking at ordering as well as the RTX 3080 when it comes in stock.

Does this build look ok? Any suggested changes? (i want to stick with intel)

Anyone got any dope case recommendations also?

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,547.95 (includes shipping: £11.10)

Associate
OP
You said you r not a fan of RGB but your spending £50 more on rgb ram!

Total: £298.14 (includes shipping: £13.20)

Really nice case and that cooler will fit in :)
Thank you for the advice

I think the only reason i picked that RAM is that a bit of subtle RGB is ok, i just dont like it when the entire case is jam packed with RGB, can easily look a bit cheap and tacky. but im partial to a cheeky bit of RGB

Is there a way to somehow check if my CPU fan will fit inside a case? I was looking at this one

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...k-tempered-glass-cc-9011132-ww-ca-23x-cs.html

How do the other parts look in my wishlist? Good choices?

Soldato
Forget Samsung, unless you like taking branded caber into butt.
That's fully price of PCIe v4 drive.
Though that Intel's re-re-re-rebranded 2015's architecture isn't capable to that.
OcUK's 2TB drive choise is just pretty bad missing many properly priced drives alike Adata SX8200 Pro, Sabrent Rocket etc.

Very expensive motherboard doesn't make 8 core CPU any faster/longer lasting.
It only makes price of those two parts rise lot farther than whole next-gen consoles with 8 core CPU.

Soldato
Total: £1,268.85 (includes shipping: £0.00)

The NvME is a placeholder for something along the lines of the Adata SX8200 Pro recommended by @EsaT. I would not spend silly money on a Samsung drive that offers no appreciable benefit for the extra cost.

Works out cheaper than your build but is sporting a 10C20T CPU compared to the 8c16t you were looking at. The platform you're looking at is a dead end in terms of upgradability, you're not going to feasibly be able to pop a CPU upgrade in down the line even if going second hand, so you might as well spend the small amount extra for a 10C/20T processor for the sake of longevity.

Regardless I would highly recommend you reconsider your stance on Ryzen, the upcoming 4000 (5000?) series should give you far better options going forward while out performing Intel.

Left out a case, I'd recommend finding one that's mesh fronted, but make sure whatever you get has room for the HSF you decide to go for.

Last edited:
Soldato
i hear that a lot but im just a bit of an intel fanboy

At least you can admit it, ha. :)

I'd love to have the ability to buy something purely on brand ignoring the other options, it would make life so much simpler. A bit like when someone saying they only like blondes.

This is what I am looking at ordering as well as the RTX 3080 when it comes in stock.

That list will be 6 months out of date by the time this happens. :p

Back
Top Bottom