**** Official OnePlus 8/OnePlus 8 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
256/12GB Pro is 779 on amazon. RRP 899.

And 679 for the 8/128 model at the same place. Kind of the prices they should have launched at. I think somewhere is selling the S20 Ultra for less than 800 quid as well.

High launch prices soon come down. Unless it's an iPhone.

Soldato
And 679 for the 8/128 model at the same place. Kind of the prices they should have launched at. I think somewhere is selling the S20 Ultra for less than 800 quid as well.

The launch prices were fair. S20 ultra for under 800? Chinese special?

Soldato
Had mine for 5 months now. Still love this phone. The camera is ok 99.9% of the time the pictures come out fine. Wish they had ditched the mono Chrome sendor (never used it ) and put a better zoom on for example.

When people were complaining of the screen I was a bit worried in the start. So much so I was going to send it back. I contacted the rain forest palace and got a 30% refund , along with the 10% I got on purchase means it was a bargain at £479.

After I tried all the things I saw on XDA to test the screen and luckily mine was fine. Imo amazing phone , super fast nice early updates. The screen is amazing specially with the 120hz and being able to use highest resolution unlike Samsung is nice. It's really bright outdoors as well even in the summer. I am actually running the Android 11 DP4 on mine and I have had no issues yet.

Would I buy another Oneplus maybe, I like Oxygen os, like the fast updates but if I had paid full price I would want a better camera

Associate

Was in the market for a new phone, saw this last night and took the plunge. Had my eye on the 7T Pro but given this is a little bit more for more features I was happy to buy.

I really wanted to move away from stupidly buying the latest flagship for crazy money.

Soldato
Oneplus aren't the only ones doing it but I still think these 6 month upgrade cycles are silly.

I fully agree. With the 8t apparently being given an 120hz screen, doubtless along with tweaks here and there, I wonder if it'll be effectively as well-specced as the current 8 Pro.

Soldato
I fully agree. With the 8t apparently being given an 120hz screen, doubtless along with tweaks here and there, I wonder if it'll be effectively as well-specced as the current 8 Pro.

Having 2 screens so similar sized makes little sense. Let's hope they make the 8T smaller. 6.2"

Soldato
Having 2 screens so similar sized makes little sense. Let's hope they make the 8T smaller. 6.2"

The upward trend in phone screen sizes seems to be slowing down lately. A smaller OP would be a good option. Right now their entire range is very similar.

Soldato
The new 8T sounds basically like the 8 Pro. If they keep it at £599, I'll be interested. I don't think OP's new higher tier pricing strategy is working out like they planned, though I have no real evidence to back this up.

Soldato
They really need to concentrate on the camera quality as they have software down to a T.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. The 8 Pro camera was really not what I expected it to be. Unfortunately, I can't see them resolving the issues in 6 months since the 8 Pro, since OP have never had a good reputation when it comes to the cameras in their phones. Maybe not even in 12 or 18 months.

Associate
Very interested if this effectively bridges the gap between the current 8 and 8Pro, but with some improvements i.e. SD865+. The one thing that's really stopping me from picking up an 8 is the lack of wireless charging, I have a stand next to my bed, a pad integrated into my desk at work and my car has a wireless charging pad in the cubby hole, the only time I ever plug a USB into the phone these days is when I go abroad and just take a cable.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Coming up to 2 years with my 6T. It still runs the same as it did the first day I got it, could easily use for another 2 years but that upgrade itch is now back again with the 8T.

Think it's best to wait until it's released, see some reviews then decide if it's a worthy upgrade or not.

Back
Top Bottom