Plug conversion help, please!

Associate
Sister in law has bought a Xiaomi Roborock S5 hoover thingymabob and it's came equipped with a Chinese plug - I've tried a plug converter but it doesn't quite fit. I don't suppose anyone could recommend a converter that could help, please?

(if anyone could tell me how to upload an image :lolnoob: I could supply one)

ps. Happy birthday man

pps. Plug states 6A 250V

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Just chop the plug off and fit a uk plug. Or is it some sort of all-in-one power brick type thing?

It's not an all in one plug no, just a two pronged do dah. I did think about doing this but it just seems a bit sketchy.

Associate
OP
Wicked, thanks guys.

I'll chop the plug and fit a standard UK and a 3 amp fuse.

If the house burns down, I'll set up a GoFundMe.

Associate
OP
Hi, I also bought a roborock s5 that came with 2 prong plug. I was going to use a travel adapter, but then noticed that its just a "figure 8 power cable"
https://www.google.com/search?q=fig.....69i57j0l7.7488j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

can be bought very cheap

I just used one i already had lying around, been running 1month+ no issues

Asked the sister in law about this, and the Mrs as I haven't seen the thing and you're right, it is a figure of eight - no plug cutting here.

:rolleyes: :p

Thanks everyone, you can all go home now :p

Soldato
Not sure I'd trust leaving a robotic vacuum around when they can't even put a legal plug on the damn thing! Sounds like a recipe for disaster!

Aye with some of the cheap chinese crap I've seen even when they do have a UK 3 pin it didn't even have a fuse in it! Damn cable got bloody hot too pretty sure it didn't confirm to BS standards/unsafe/possibly illegal.

Soldato
Aye with some of the cheap chinese crap I've seen even when they do have a UK 3 pin it didn't even have a fuse in it! Damn cable got bloody hot too pretty sure it didn't confirm to BS standards/unsafe/possibly illegal.

There is a lot of illegal UK plugs around unfortunately :( they gave us little credit card size gauges at work to check if the plug is legit, measures things like the pin and insulation depths etc and the dodgy ones are everywhere worryingly

Associate
I know what people mean about the cheap Chinese crap out there and to be careful, but the Roborock S5 isnt cheap by any means (approx £330) and is made by Xiaomi (A rather large company).

Back
Top Bottom