** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES (3090 / 3080 / 3070) NOW ONLINE AT OcUK **

Soldato
Ok, that’s me annoyed. What’s the point of announcing a launch date when you can’t actually buy it :mad:

You can place an order on that day at 2pm according to Gibbo but I doubt you will get it next day. There is very little information about regarding when stock will be available. Gibbo wouldnt use the term "pre-order" unless it is just that.

Rumour Mill is gathering quickly again

According to a new report from Tweaktown, industry sources have said the first wave of RTX 3080, RTX 3090 and RTX 3070 GPUs will be much smaller than Nvidia’s previous launches, and that post-launch “no stock will be available till the end of the year.”

Last edited:
Soldato
@Gibbo just FYI looks like the Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC (and 3090) model comes with 4yr warranty if registered, according to Gigabyte's product page. May want to revise product description to help with those sales! I'm sure Aorus is 4yrs too isn't it? Every little helps, longer warranty = win :D

Debating the GB 3080 or Zotac 3080 Trinity, that 5yr warranty looks good as well. I've heard good things about Zotac's RMA/warranty process too (when needed)... Not sure :o

Also do I have it right that, the 'pre-order' day for the AIB cards - is the Nvidia sale launch day for the Founders Edition cards? Is there any info on the AIB stock 'sale launch date' if so?

Edit: Ahh I enquired with EVGA about their warranty process these days... They've shutdown their UK RMA centre and now just have the EU RMA centre in Germany, which you have to pay onwards shipping for :( Pain in butt, so that's £20 to ship a £600 card insured to Germany from UK for example...

They still have a UK contact number but that's about it for a UK presence now... I swear that UK centre only opened 4 years ago and EVGA said it was because they loved their UK customer base, I guess not. Probably why OcUK don't seem to stock EVGA anymore from what I can gather... :p

Last edited:
Associate
@Gibbo hello sir.

Can I ask what your support/warranty arrangements are with each of the big manufacturers that you will be selling the 3090/3080 from. I ask as I would like to know what the best options are since I had noted EVGA's change to their RMA process above. Can't say I'm comfortable with posting a card out of country and that expense verse a UK RMA location.

Thanks.

Caporegime
@Gibbo hello sir.

Can I ask what your support/warranty arrangements are with each of the big manufacturers that you will be selling the 3090/3080 from. I ask as I would like to know what the best options are since I had noted EVGA's change to their RMA process above. Can't say I'm comfortable with posting a card out of country and that expense verse a UK RMA location.

Thanks.

You won't get an answer for such a question, you're best posting in the Customer Service section for specific details.

Np if you disregard my post, only trying to direct you.

Associate
@Gibbo

Edit: Ahh I enquired with EVGA about their warranty process these days... They've shutdown their UK RMA centre and now just have the EU RMA centre in Germany, which you have to pay onwards shipping for :( Pain in butt, so that's £20 to ship a £600 card insured to Germany from UK for example...

They still have a UK contact number but that's about it for a UK presence now... I swear that UK centre only opened 4 years ago and EVGA said it was because they loved their UK customer base, I guess not. Probably why OcUK don't seem to stock EVGA anymore from what I can gather... :p

EVGA off the list for me now. MSI or giga its down to

Soldato
EVGA off the list for me now. MSI or giga its down to

Ditto - but I'm torn between Founders Edition because it looks so good... Or the AIB Gigabyte or Zotac variants, I like them 4-5 year warrantys :o

I've had my Gigabyte 2070 Super for over a year now and it's been solid. And they have a UK RMA centre still, unlike some... lol. Zotac also has a UK RMA place in Bracknell I believe and 5yrs is good. Hmmm!

Associate
Ditto - but I'm torn between Founders Edition because it looks so good... Or the AIB Gigabyte or Zotac variants, I like them 4-5 year warrantys :o

I've had my Gigabyte 2070 Super for over a year now and it's been solid. And they have a UK RMA centre still, unlike some... lol. Zotac also has a UK RMA place in Bracknell I believe and 5yrs is good. Hmmm!
I would like the gigabyte aorus but its expensive tbh at 799

Associate

Likewise, though I read some reviews of previous generation Zotac cards and they seemed to be hotter/louder than Gigabyte/MSI/ASUS.

Looks wise, I favour the FE, or the Aorus Extreme but it's £££. I like that ASUS cards have a "quiet" mode but also £££.

Tbh, I'm not sure why I care so much. I have a 1080 FE which wasn't supposed to be particularly quiet and it's absolutely fine even at load.

Associate
Quite fancy the giga extra but the layout puts me off a little, the position of the power connector makes it look like if you have the cables coming over the top of the PSU they will block the air flow cut out, if you have them coming from underneath they will block the LCD display.

I was also letting RMA location sway my decision, but come Brexit in January how many of them will still keep a UK presence.

Back
Top Bottom