• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Associate
Some of the prices have already changed since posting their main thread - I thought the Strix was bad enough at £799, now it’s £849!! :eek:

I dont even know why they have put the price there in the first place, its not like you can pre order. Its very disingenuous when they cant confirm they will be that price come release day.

Caporegime
I dont even know why they have put the price there in the first place, its not like you can pre order. Its very disingenuous when they cant confirm they will be that price come release day.

If they had just put "TBA" or put the prices as actual placeholders like "£9999" then it would be wait and see, but the prices were too specific to be placeholders.

Associate
If they had just put "TBA" or put the prices as actual placeholders like "£9999" then it would be wait and see, but the prices were too specific to be placeholders.

Their main competitor has done the right thing and not put a price at all. I mean why would you when its subject to change between now and 2 weeks time.

Caporegime
Their main competitor has done the right thing and not put a price at all. I mean why would you when its subject to change between now and 2 weeks time.

Especially when the pricing on a few cards has started creeping up, the 2 strix cards for instance. All that serves to do is annoy potential customers. I've no clue what they're trying to do by listing prices they can't guarantee, just seems a strange move especially if more cards start going up in price. :confused:

Associate
Please can someone explain why a $699 card is going to cost £649?

$699 =£528ish

+20% VAT = £633

Round up a bit to account for any forex fluctuation.

The listed US RRP doesn't include any sales tax, because it differs state to state (except in states with 0% sales tax like New Hampshire). Our prices always include VAT.

Companies legally have to charge VAT in the UK. It's not rip off Britain, though sales tax in the US is generally lower. NYC is 8.875% for example.

It's previously been $=£ because there was almost parity on the exchange rate.

*edit, see someone beat me to it*

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Guys there are 46 cards listed!
The price has changed on 2-3 cards as per updated guidelines from Asus, so less than 5% of the range has changed in price so talk about blown out of proportion.

We have guideline MSRP so we’re sharing prices with customers and giving you more information than competitors. Is that not a good thing?

We list way more cards than competitors to give you the bigger picture, is that not a good thing?

The prices listed are pretty accurate and on MSRP models and buy that I mean around £469 for 3070, £649 for 3080 and £1399 for 3090 really won’t change much at all unless the £££ tanks or gains.

The only models that could be subject to change are the high end OC models as already seen on Strix and these changes come from manufacturer not OcUK.

Shipments are an unknown at present board partners will have a bigger picture of this next week, they have to sort out their world wide allocation and unlike many think here it is not a five minute decision to sort out.

As we find out, you will find out but there won’t be any further updates until next week.

Have a nice weekend and chill out because you can’t spend a dime yet, the ability to pre order / order starts at 2pm 17th for 3080 and 2pm 24th for 3090.

3070 more details to follow in October.

Right now OcUK has done a better job than any competitor, largest range and most information provides including proper specification on some cards like Zotac etc.

Last edited:
Associate
$699 =£528ish

+20% VAT = £633

Round up a bit to account for any forex fluctuation.

The listed US RRP doesn't include any sales tax, because it differs state to state (except in states with 0% sales tax like New Hampshire). Our prices always include VAT.

Companies legally have to charge VAT in the UK. It's not rip off Britain, though sales tax in the US is generally lower. NYC is 8.875% for example.

It's previously been $=£ because there was almost parity on the exchange rate.

*edit, see someone beat me to it*

* Only companies that are registered for V.A.T are legally allowed to charge / add V.A.T in the U.K

Associate
Thanks @Gibbo. This is the information I wanted to know around availability. If you find out nest week that you are likely to have some cards available from the 17th that would be good to share (along with how many) - not too bothered about which cards!

Associate
Hi there

The price has changed on 2-3 cards as per updated guidelines from Asus, so less than 5% of the range has changed in price so talk about blown out of proportion.

We have guideline MSRP so we’re sharing prices with customers and giving you more information than competitors. Is that not a good thing?

We lost way more cards than competitors to give you the bigger picture, is that not a good thing?

The prices listed are pretty accurate and on MSRP models and buy that I mean around £469 for 3070, £649 for 3080 and £1399 for 3090 really won’t change much at all unless the £££ tanks or gains.

The only models that could be subject to change are the high end OC models as already seen on Strix and these changes come from manufacturer not OcUK.

Shipments are an unknown at present board partners will have a bigger picture of this next week, they have to sort out their world wide allocation and unlike many think here it is not a five minute decision to sort out.

As we find out, you will find out but there won’t be any further updates until next week.

Have a nice weekend and chill out because you can’t spend a dime yet, the ability to pre order / order starts at 2pm 17th for 3080 and 2pm 24th for 3090.

Right now OcUK has done a better job than any competitor, largest range and most information provides including proper specification on some cards like Zotac etc.

Your doing a great job, I'd consider making this a sticky on the graphics card forum.

Soldato
I suppose my focus is on the words pre-order, as opposed to order. If cards are available on 24th, then it's an order not a pre-order, regardless if it takes a few days to dispatch etc. But I don't see how Ocuk can't know this by now.

If Ocuk know certain cards will be available by X date, then I'm sure they know this today. If they don't know when things will be available, how would they know that they will definitely know by 17th? Releasing a product on a certain date is of course perfectly normal, but releasing a product for pre-order on a certain date just doesn't make sense. Doing it specifically to buy time to shift prices around makes sense (though I don't like it), but that would mean you aren't doing it for reasons of stock availability - perhaps admitting to the stock position calls out the behaviour around price.

I doubt AIB partners are waiting til the 11th hour on the 16th to deliver their stock to Ocuk and other retailers.

So the card at 1399 won’t change TAKE MY MONEY NOW GOOD LAD 3090 here I come .

Soldato

With the high prices of Turing, and the announcement of a £649 retail price for the 3080, people are just looking for good value for money from the products this time. People saw the Strixx card come up at £699 and its a nice card so people thought that was good value. To then see it jump to over £800 same day just immediately removed it from being a good value card to one that isnt, in many peoples eyes. Its great you have such a wide range of cards coming though.

Thanks for the update. I think perhaps people find it odd that cards that have presumably been in manufacture for a few months now at least (a gpu has a pcb, several chips not least the main one from nvidia, custom metal parts, custom coolers, software, packaging - its not something you can design and make thousands of in a few days) and the actual manufacturers of these cards dont know when they'll be ready or where in the world they'll be? Does seem strange.

OcUK Staff
OP
With the high prices of Turing, and the announcement of a £649 retail price for the 3080, people are just looking for good value for money from the products this time. People saw the Strixx card come up at £699 and its a nice card so people thought that was good value. To then see it jump to over £800 same day just immediately removed it from being a good value card to one that isnt, in many peoples eyes. Its great you have such a wide range of cards coming though.

Thanks for the update. I think perhaps people find it odd that cards that have presumably been in manufacture for a few months now at least (a gpu has a pcb, several chips not least the main one from nvidia, custom metal parts, custom coolers, software, packaging - its not something you can design and make thousands of in a few days) and the actual manufacturers of these cards dont know when they'll be ready or where in the world they'll be? Does seem strange.

Nope they take their time and is always the case and we’re relying on staff for AIBs in our regions some are better than others.

Plus sharing numbers when I get them is shunned upon by manufacturers on a public forum.

If I say brand X is giving us 1000 then competitors complain to brand X as to why we’re getting so many.

If I say brand X is giving us 10 units then everyone complains.

plus anything I say here tends to go viral and it’s just not worth the hassle it brings us at times.

So numbers won’t be released on forum in short term until we know the true picture and then and only then If the manufacturer is happy for us to share that information.

OcUK gives customers way more information than any competitor and interacts with customers more but at the same time we have to play the balancing act keep you happy and keep our suppliers happy. Of course we can’t please everyone, we just do our best. :)

Associate
Hi there

We list way more cards than competitors to give you the bigger picture, is that not a good thing?

I think the issue was that it always seems to be ASUS more than anything else. :)

Associate
Thanks for the updates Gibbo.

Out of curiosity, do you have anything you're able to share on when EVGA 3080 hybrid's may start to come online? If they're definitely not landing on the 17th I won't take up the site bandwidth if there's nothing I want to compete for :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Thanks for the updates Gibbo.

Out of curiosity, do you have anything you're able to share on when EVGA 3080 hybrid's may start to come online? If they're definitely not landing on the 17th I won't take up the site bandwidth if there's nothing I want to compete for :D

EVGA is a big unknown really as they are far less pro active in U.K. market these days unfortunately so now we just rely on U.K. distribution.

Back
Top Bottom