• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I don't mind the plain, monolithic look. I'm happy that they've focused on the function and then designed around that, rather than the opposite which has caused no end of issues with consoles in the past.

This all means it won't sound like a vacuum cleaner too.

Soldato
That's actually a pretty good idea tbf.
Trademarked already :p

For smaller TVs perhaps, but I wouldn't want to be reaching around or over the top of mine to insert discs or connect stuff.
Have the mounts off centre, disc slot higher up for this reason, hell, have an extended mount so you can adjust the height of the access.

I don't want to hang anything that can throw out heat on the back of my OLED.
As above, adjustable height, console sits at the top of the rear away from most of the heat, could even include adjustable vents to guide it away from the console and under the carpet for under floor heating.

I can see I'm really on to something here, I'm calling Sony and Microsoft to pitch it.

Soldato
Trademarked already :p

Have the mounts off centre, disc slot higher up for this reason, hell, have an extended mount so you can adjust the height of the access.

As above, adjustable height, console sits at the top of the rear away from most of the heat, could even include adjustable vents to guide it away from the console and under the carpet for under floor heating.

I can see I'm really on to something here, I'm calling Sony and Microsoft to pitch it.

360 degree ventilation!

Associate
360 launch was a disaster, getting one and then reliability for years.
Xbox One launch price was a joke that fell through the floor within a few months when people gave up on it to return later when the games came.
This one I see no reason at all to be an early adopter.

I expect the price on these to fall through the floor too when the 70 billion kids carry on playing fortnite on what they have already. Unless there's a fortnite 2 coming on the next gen kids aren't going to be asking for any of these or playstation for xmas.

I'm pretty exclusively a 360 then Xbox one player but what good title exclusives do they even have now? Gears, which no one cares about in Europe. That can't even be talked about as a console seller since. Mexicans love it and that's their whole market. What titles are coming in the first year to even make this worthwhile other than owning the new shiney thing. I remember well people on here doing the same with the xbox one and then selling it or being dissapointed. It took a couple of years to turn into a worth while upgrade in my opinion.

I think it's a hard time to sell a new console, not just for what's going on in the world economy but mainly because so many kids won't stop playing that building and jumping F2P game! Tough time to try to make the numbers work. Will be interesting to watch the price fall after Christmas.

Associate
I think we need to think about it differently. For me, it will be new hardware to experience better performance on games via game pass. It is essentially a tool to access game pass. I have a One X for that currently, but I will get the Series X for that performance upgrade. The console is changing. I don't want to move to a digital only streaming world but the idea of "Generations" is a bit old. It is becoming more and more like the PC eco system.
I am not sure either console well sell in the numbers we have seen in the past but that might not bother MS as much provided every new adopter forks out for Gamepass.

Associate
It's all about the enhanced for Series X backwards compatibility for me.......and Gamepass giving an immediate catalogue to play!

Soldato
So £249 here? Man, that thing looks UGLY.

Around £279 unless they do straight dollars to pounds.

Easy entry level price to get people into the Xbox Game Pass ecosystem.

They might announce something at the Microsoft Ignite during September 22-24. Not really meant for hardware launches or gamers but with current conditions. I don't see a better time for them to announce price and release date.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks also like the Series X is $499USD if the same places that are predicting the Series S prices are right... That would be ~$800NZD which is pretty much in line with the original price of the One X... With the Series S being about the same as the One X by the sounds of it I've got a pretty good purchase with my One X for $400NZD for the kids and I'll treat myself to a Series X :)

Soldato
That series S design is horrible, least with Sony PS5 design it had some what design in mind.

Series S is white slab with big black splodge in the middle

Back
Top Bottom