• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How much are you gonna pay for your 3090 3080 3070.

Soldato
Max 750€ for a 3080, but not looking to go flashy, a basic model will do. If it ends up more than that at launch at my local retailers then I'll probably wait for Navi and/or price reductions and/or bigger vram models.

Associate
tbh I was expecting the 3090 to be more expensive so i was pleasantly surprised when they said £1400 im prob gona pick up the Gigabyte Xtream OC one for £1590, upgrading from a EVGA 2080.

Soldato
I'm 100% getting a 30xx card of some sort. I haven't made my mind up on which one yet, but I kind of like the look of the FE cards. They look far better aesthetically than all the AIBs I've looked at thus far, but I'll wait for reviews for opinions on noise, heat and performance etc. I'm still running a 980Ti so suffice to say this new card will have to last at least 4 years too. For that reason, I'm nervous that 10GB is not enough, but the more nervous I get about the more I can't help but think they're trying to make us feel nervous, as in 10GB is ample but the plan is to get us to go for the 3090 or spend more on the 3080Ti when it inevitably drops.

Associate
The 3070 FE card looks pretty decent, so I probably wouldn't spend more than £469 on a 3070 unless there's a really compelling AIB. (Silent at idle would probably convince me)

Associate
based on the performance, my absolute limit of £500 has been blown out of the water. ill probably pick up an FE3080. no way am i paying more.

Caporegime
But don't the reference or FE cards have 12 pin connectors and the AIB seem to have 8 pin connectors

The FE has a 12 pin connector and isn’t a reference card this time. The AIB have been given reference board layouts with no 12 pin connectors and the normal 8 pin. Of course AIB will be making their own none refernece boards as well. Confusing

Soldato
Lots of people are going to also have to consider a new PSU too. Not all but a lot, that's another £100+ easily for a new PSU. Give they are scarce, possible £120+ extra.

https://youtu.be/1milKOPa9zA?t=1546

Around the 25m50sec mark....

Kind of glad I didn't skimp on the PSU when I last made my fully fresh build in that i5-6600k machine I had. My i7-7820x is a guzzler and the GPU will be too.

Back
Top Bottom