• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Soldato
I don't think I've been as interested in a release since the 6600GT/6800GT/6800Ultra cards. ATI were also good with the X800/X850 cards.

Soldato
Must admit that I might be tempted away from my 1080ti if the prices for the 3070 are in anyway correct (IE. around £450) and the performance claims pan out.

Problem is... the cynical side of me wonders "come launch day" what the prices will really be. Lets hope that it's not all hype to drive everyone to a fever pitch of excitement ;)

Associate
I hope the founders edition cooler will actually do the job this time. The mechanical theory is there and i'd like to think NVIDIA can afford to hire decent thermal engineers, you would hope the £650 to £799 delta between cards is more markup than cooler design.

Associate
Any know if my Aorus B450 Elite plus Ryzen 2600 will be okay with the 3080? haven't seen enough info so hopefully some know knows something I've missed. Only got a 700w power supply but it's an EVGA GOLD so hoping it'll be fine despite recommended 750w otherwise it's going to be an expensive month haha. Don't really wanna change my processor as it's been one of the best values I've bought in my rig! but might be time to let it go

Soldato
@Gibbo sorry but don't think anyone has tagged your name specifically for this yet but the EVGA is showing the picture of the FW3 card currently with the red accent + RGB not the black ICX3

Caporegime
I hope the founders edition cooler will actually do the job this time. The mechanical theory is there and i'd like to think NVIDIA can afford to hire decent thermal engineers, you would hope the £650 to £799 delta between cards is more markup than cooler design.

The cooler design looks complicated, but realistically its very similar to what sapphire have been doing for years now. They have a shorter pcb with an overhanging heat-sink to maximise surface area. Only difference really is NVIDIA put another fan on the backside whereas sapphire have fans on the overhang at the front to push the hot air away. Cooling wise it should be much improved considering it's more or less an aftermarket design you'd find on an aib card.

PNIzFkJ.jpg

Associate
Any know if my Aorus B450 Elite plus Ryzen 2600 will be okay with the 3080? haven't seen enough info so hopefully some know knows something I've missed. Only got a 700w power supply but it's an EVGA GOLD so hoping it'll be fine despite recommended 750w otherwise it's going to be an expensive month haha. Don't really wanna change my processor as it's been one of the best values I've bought in my rig! but might be time to let it go
It's fine for a while at 1440/4k, I will be doing the same until the 4600/4700 drops.

Associate
I am looking forward to the 3090, but need it as thin as possible for a SFF case (NCASE M1) planned build.

Would be great if the RTX 30- series card listings on OCUK are clear about the slot width

Exiting launch and looking forward to purchasing from OCUK. New AMD CPU/MB too please :)

Associate
Just watched this for anyone interested in the 3080.
Must admit I am interested but after watching this he has some good valid points.

Not dissing the 3080 after all it's half the price of a 2080ti but is it real progress 2 years down the line other than extra RT cores and cuda cores.

https://youtu.be/b7nztmvF2f4

Just to add some of his basic points that cuda cores have no relevance to gaming because if the way they are being used so cut them numbers in half.

And the digital foundry video of doom eternal comparing the 2080ti Vs the 3080 is sponsored by Nvidia, people reckon the numbers of the 2080ti have been fudged in favour of the 3080.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just watched this for anyone interested in the 3080.
Must admit I am interested but after watching this he has some good valid points.

Not dissing the 3080 after all it's half the price of a 2080ti but is it real progress 2 years down the line other than extra RT cores and cuda cores.

https://youtu.be/b7nztmvF2f4

Just to add some of his basic points that cuda cores have no relevance to gaming because if the way they are being used so cut them numbers in half.

And the digital foundry video of doom eternal comparing the 2080ti Vs the 3080 is sponsored by Nvidia, people reckon the numbers of the 2080ti have been fudged in favour of the 3080.

Yeah I thought that to if that was a 2080ti ruining at 80 fps was it it must have been frame capped .mines was over a 100fps I think at 4k maybe they did gimp it.

Back
Top Bottom