RC cars

Associate
used to race 1/10th scale electric cars indoors with my father for over 10 years!

Had a Schumacher Mission if i recall right and was the bees knees with a brushless motor at the time.
Sure my father had a HPI or some sort and a Schumacher SST99 i think it was also.

Was a really well run club and we had a different track layout each week. Was a big club upgrade when we all had to get transponders!

Miss those days!

Associate
@Building Candy

That looks really impressive. I recognise the Clodbuster tyres from the original, but that is about all. I am really impressed with the wiring and the soldering and how neat and measured it looks. Where would the battery go in that?

Is the body shell a Gravedigger one? What is the idea behind the 50 Shades of Grey theme?

Amazing job though. How does it drive?

Associate
@Building Candy

That looks really impressive. I recognise the Clodbuster tyres from the original, but that is about all. I am really impressed with the wiring and the soldering and how neat and measured it looks. Where would the battery go in that?

Is the body shell a Gravedigger one? What is the idea behind the 50 Shades of Grey theme?

Amazing job though. How does it drive?

Thanks, the body is a 50's chevy panel truck, same as the gravedigger more or less, I airbrushed it all myself.

The chassis is also made by me, I also make all the chassis braces and parts for clodbusters. They are mostly bought by americans as they race clodbusters over there!

The first chassis in this style I made by hand on my mill, then I designed it in cad and had a run of 20 CNC'd out.

This is my prototype that I made by hand in all alloy.

94.JPG

95.JPG

5.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

I have also designed a slightly less complex race chassis that I sell now too :)

vsport4.jpg

Soldato
@Yrkoon Those tanks look good fun, and pretty good value compared to some of the cars. Didn't realise they had smoke generators and sound systems as well as a bb gun!

yeh they can be fun but the smoke generators are a bit naff, hit or miss if one works right, got a bit bored with my heng long one so gave it to dad lol

Thanks, the body is a 50's chevy panel truck, same as the gravedigger more or less, I airbrushed it all myself.

The chassis is also made by me, I also make all the chassis braces and parts for clodbusters. They are mostly bought by americans as they race clodbusters over there!

The first chassis in this style I made by hand on my mill, then I designed it in cad and had a run of 20 CNC'd out.

94.JPG

95.JPG

5.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

I have also designed a slightly less complex race chassis that I sell now too :)

vsport4.jpg

that is one stunning clod :D

Postman dropped this off today:

RtBO7tO.jpg

Very excited for a non Tamiya build :D

happy building m8, looks good :)

Soldato

94.JPG

95.JPG

5.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

vsport4.jpg

do you sell or make hub carriers for thunder tiger xxt or xxb models?

t5b8xxa.jpg

Associate
@Building Candy Thanks for the extra details, I see the battery at the bottom of the chassis now. They do look great. If Clodbusters were being raced anywhere it would be in America!

Is there anything on YouTube with tour kits to get a better look at them?

Soldato
Very excited for a non Tamiya build :D

I have a '18 and is a great car to drive. I use it mostly on grass these days.

This is my carpet car :)

50303704928_c6bba4413d_z.jpg

Associated B74
JConcepts damper bling :D
Klinik RC Ti bronze anodised screw set
Klinik RC Ti bronze anodised turnbuckles
Avid ceramic bearing
PSM Factory chassis with brass weight inlays
Schelle RC Nova Slipper
RDRP steering rack
RDRP steering posts
RDRP alloy rear hubs
Wallie Builds carbon sided guards - smoothed polished edge
All OE carbon parts smoothed and polished

SRT Servo
Hobbywing XR10Pro esc
Hobbywing 8.5T
SMD Sanwa receiver
Wire braiding from OCUK :)

Yet to be used in anger. L1 Storm Trooper

50304550477_ec786af670_z.jpg

50304424171_6aa44bbc96_z.jpg

Oh, and these. Both took a long time!

TRF503 new build with orange anodising. TRYZ2 (Tamiya TRF201/Yokomo YZ2) Shapeways lay down transmission.

50152848337_265acedbca_z.jpg

50152076678_20ae74259c_z.jpg

I have a few more if anyone is interested in more pics?

Last edited:
Soldato
I have a '18 and is a great car to drive. I use it mostly on grass these days.

This is my carpet car :)

50303704928_c6bba4413d_z.jpg

Associated B74
JConcepts damper bling :D
Klinik RC Ti bronze anodised screw set
Klinik RC Ti bronze anodised turnbuckles
Avid ceramic bearing
PSM Factory chassis with brass weight inlays
Schelle RC Nova Slipper
RDRP steering rack
RDRP steering posts
RDRP alloy rear hubs
Wallie Builds carbon sided guards - smoothed polished edge
All OE carbon parts smoothed and polished

SRT Servo
Hobbywing XR10Pro esc
Hobbywing 8.5T
SMD Sanwa receiver
Wire braiding from OCUK :)

Yet to be used in anger. L1 Storm Trooper

50304550477_ec786af670_z.jpg

50304424171_6aa44bbc96_z.jpg

Oh, and these. Both took a long time!

TRF503 new build with orange anodising. TRYZ2 (Tamiya TRF201/Yokomo YZ2) Shapeways lay down transmission.

50152848337_265acedbca_z.jpg

50152076678_20ae74259c_z.jpg

I have a few more if anyone is interested in more pics?

they look sweet and serious pieces of racing kit, more pics always good :D

Soldato
M07R has been a real joy to build, mostly done now - still have the wheels to sort, electrics to fit (including shorty lipo mount) , and bodyshell to paint.

I've built it to 225mm wheelbase, the M07 doesn't build to 210 like the M05 or the RWD M08 (odd numbered m-chassis cars are FWD - even are RWD). Might pickup an M08 if I see one at a good price in the future possibly.

Front (and only!) gearbox / motormount / bulkhead:
Tk009if.jpg
XvaUxrt.jpg

Hubs, driveshafts etc. fitted:
DFIEIhk.jpg

Sole upgrade (R version is pretty much race ready out of the box!):
Yz5Ln1B.jpg
xjcvnGL.jpg
HJYShu6.jpg

Rear, with anti-rollbar and the kit supplied TRF shocks:
ejLav6W.jpg

Have started building the Xray - I forgot how high the quality of them was (the only other Xray I've built was a T1R about 15 years ago!) - makes even the M07R look quite cheap and toy like in comparison!

Back
Top Bottom