Show Us Your Motors!

Permabanned
I got all that and we like the result but some won't!!

M340-I-Front.jpg

Black looks absolutely amazing when it's clean but holy cow owning a black car turns me into an absolute mental patient. As long as you're pleased with it though! :)

Man of Honour
Yeh they're doing a Motech package at the moment, I spoke to TRL about the map alone and he reckons it would be around £3-3.5k, but your warranty remains in place. Obviously JB4/JB+ is an option but don't think it needs either tbh!
Have a chat with Litchfield.

No JB4 or other nasty piggy back controllers making the ECU think its doing things it isn't

They've got a good amount of experience with the B58s, and even though you pay premium prices it'll be a lot less than £3k

Associate
Black looks absolutely amazing when it's clean but holy cow owning a black car turns me into an absolute mental patient. As long as you're pleased with it though! :)

I did have it ceramic coated and then bought a DI to rinse off after snowfoaming so hopefully will not be too bad.

And no one take the mickey or I will send the boys round!!!!!:cool:

Commissario
Have a chat with Litchfield.

No JB4 or other nasty piggy back controllers making the ECU think its doing things it isn't

They've got a good amount of experience with the B58s, and even though you pay premium prices it'll be a lot less than £3k
Thanks, would be concerned about warranty though.

Soldato
My scraped, dinged and battered old girl. Owned since 118k and just passed 170k. I've retrofitted a few bits so it's a decent spec for a ZT. It's old but gets treated well, lots of preventitive maintenance.

I keep thinking of getting rid for something newer but it's been a great car and IMO, still looks really good. Could do with having the wheels refurbed and a few bits touched up, but as a high mileage workhorse, can't really see the point.

IMG_20200830_164040.jpg

IMG_20200830_163959.jpg

Soldato
They have lots of little niggles, but if ironed out make them a really nice budget cruiser. I was always anti auto and anti diesel but this is both, and I love it. It has the XPower (160ish bhp) map which completely changed the car. It's still slow to 60 at 10 seconds but has a nice power band which makes it really nice to drive.

Feels very composed for its size too, I'd really like to try a V6 manual.

Very true about the V8. Parts aren't expensive for these cars and if you could afford to buy a V8 and overhaul the main components you'd have one hell of a car for little money.

Caporegime
Every car I buy has little niggled because I am hopeless at buying cars. There is also an element of masochism about it at this stage I think. So I'm not concerned about that! :p

I would probably look for a V6 manual personally. They are all FWD apart from the V8 aren't they?

Man of Honour
They have lots of little niggles, but if ironed out make them a really nice budget cruiser. I was always anti auto and anti diesel but this is both, and I love it. It has the XPower (160ish bhp) map which completely changed the car. It's still slow to 60 at 10 seconds but has a nice power band which makes it really nice to drive.

Feels very composed for its size too, I'd really like to try a V6 manual.

Very true about the V8. Parts aren't expensive for these cars and if you could afford to buy a V8 and overhaul the main components you'd have one hell of a car for little money.

I'm a huge convert (though I was half-way there anyway) to the wide power band, automatic, V6 - for commuting it makes everything so much better. Albeit the stuff I drive or have driven is a bit quicker 0-60.

Caporegime
I've had all sorts, a revvy manual N/A has its place, as do powerful laggy turbocharged cars, but I think the most relaxing driving experience was the LS400 with its 4.0 V8 and glorious 5 speed automatic, it was absolutely fantastic to waft around in, even around town! It completely changed my opinion of autos to the point where if I'm ever looking for a lazy 6 or 8 cylinder sofa on wheels, I will filter on Auto only. :)

Back
Top Bottom