• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It's mad, it's in about 1% of all the games out on the market right now yet people are losing their collective minds. It would be sensible to see if the competition has an answer to DLSS and how it does in games that have good IQ from the start, but the test cases are so small in number it's hard to do that right now.
More like 0.01% lol.

Only reason I am excited about it is because all the games I am looking forward to in the next 12 months have it. Not a single game up until now that has had it interested me as far as I am aware. As far as I know Final Fantasy 15 did not even get it in the end? I will probably be revising that game. What a joke.

Associate
Anyone recommend this

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...lar-power-supply-cp-9020180-uk-ca-23v-cs.html

u_10191070.jpg
It will be fine i have the rm750x 80+ gold fully modular no issues.

Soldato
Is it just me that's getting a bit annoyed with NVidia promoting 4K and 8K performance figures when they're actually nothing of the sort and just lower resolutions upscaled via DLSS?

Yes I know that DLSS can often provide similar or even slightly superior results to native but not in all cases and it's not a general panacea.

Just feels like a marketing stunt and rather disingenuous.

It was the same when they promoted the 2080ti is a true 4K card.

DLSS is a genius bit of marketing. It confuses the consumer into thinking its desirable while the opposite is true - admission the performance isn’t quite there yet and outside of DLSS the card has very little grunt for the future.

Essentially it’s a way to keep the mugs who’ll pay £1400 for a GPU on board. If the card still works 2 years down the line, it’ll be perceived ‘good value’ whether it actually was or not..

Soldato
Yep, so in 2-3 years one gets a 2tb one :)

I have 1tb Samsung NVME and 280GB Intel Optane. Since I picked up the Optane I don’t really use the Samsung for anything gaming as all 5 games I have install take less than 100gb on my Optane :D

The Samsung NVME is waiting for huge games like Flight Simulator etc for when I buy a new graphics card to run it.

Did play a few somewhat recent ones that were like 15-20gb as I recall. But yeah lately there are many in the 60gb range you are right. Still that a lot of games that would fit 1tb then :D
I picked up a Sabrent rocket 2280. 2tb NVMe drive for £235. Cheap enough for 2tb NVMe ssd.
I’ve got maybe 20 games on it but only reslly play one, COD MW which takes up 205GB. I would happily delete all the games on it if it required close to 2TB.
I don’t think i’ve played any new games recently other than Carion that are less that 10GB

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I picked up a Sabrent rocket 2280. 2tb NVMe drive for £235. Cheap enough for 2tb NVMe ssd.
I’ve got maybe 20 games on it but only reslly play one, COD MW which takes up 205GB. I would happily delete all the games on it if it required close to 2TB.
I don’t think i’ve played any new games recently other than Carion that are less that 10GB
Yeah. Sabrent have good prices. I was close to getting one, but then saw an offer on a Samsung 970 EVO 1TB and picked that up :)

Associate
Thanx aint looked at psus in years the market is flooded and steep

10 year warranty they are good ones for sure. over past 2-3 months they has been a big shortage of PSUS I struggled to get mine and when i did i paid over £110 for it!

Seasonic another good brand some of there stuff they offer like 12 year warranty.

I did buy a brand new EVGA gold rated and it was faulty out the box :(

Caporegime
Is it just me that's getting a bit annoyed with NVidia promoting 4K and 8K performance figures when they're actually nothing of the sort and just lower resolutions upscaled via DLSS?

Yes I know that DLSS can often provide similar or even slightly superior results to native but not in all cases and it's not a general panacea.

Just feels like a marketing stunt and rather disingenuous.

smoke and mirrors. Same with the cards been 20c cooler and 30db quieter. They only are if you are running your 2080 at 120c.

I want some proper true 4k figures. I am sure they will be good but won’t be the 100% faster rubbish they are selling us. If the 3080 turns out to be 30% faster in true4k than a 2080ti then that’s still a fantastic result imo.

Caporegime
Well we have pointed this out in various guises in the threads, only to be flamed down in the drone of trumpeters. DLSS if your not careful is making you think it is better, if the game doesn't support it you have to drop down to regular gameplay which in the analysis coming through now is showing you a distorted chart of performance. Just be careful as its looking like the 3070 isn't quite a 2080Ti beater, and in fact some people might see a worse experience if they panic sold and picked one up.

to be fair nobody should even be looking at swapping their 2080ti for a 1% faster 2070 anyway. But even 2080 and 2080s upgraders might end up being a bit disappointed with the 3070 performance if they go that way.

Associate
10 year warranty they are good ones for sure. over past 2-3 months they has been a big shortage of PSUS I struggled to get mine and when i did i paid over £110 for it!

Seasonic another good brand some of there stuff they offer like 12 year warranty.

I did buy a brand new EVGA gold rated and it was faulty out the box :(

I can get the RM850x for £115 which still seems pretty high to me.

Ive currently got a Evga 650w g2 and its been stella but with the 3080 recommending 750w psu i might be better off just upgrading, just incase my 650w doesnt want to play nice.

Soldato
Does any reviewer do reviews based on power consumption? Could a well clocked 2080ti be given as much juice as a 3080 for instance, to see how close it can come? Or restrict the 3080 down to 2080ti levels?

Associate
johnnyguru used to be the best for PSG reviews but he stopped in 2019 but a lot of what he had to say about good and bad psu one manufacturers stands true

Ive just researched him and he reviewed that psu as its a few years old and he gives it a 9.5 out of 10 so not to shabby also hexus gives it a pretty good review too so all sounds good

Back
Top Bottom