Change the law to prevent the DVLA from selling our personal information

Permabanned
OP
Have you got a link to the petition email rather than just the sign it page?
Sadly no. When you make a new petition you have to get 5 people to sign it, during this period signatures are capped at 21, I currently have 3. They send you an email to forward to people, which is the exact text I posted, and that is the exact text of the petition. Once it has 5 signatures it goes into a queue to get approved, which can take a while, then the petition would be live as normal at: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/550233 but as you can see, even that doesn't include the petition text while the petition is in this early stage. I completely agree with you that this process doesn't help you trust what you're signing, I have send this feedback to the Petitions Committee before and I have just sent it again.

Soldato
Sadly no. When you make a new petition you have to get 5 people to sign it, during this period signatures are capped at 21, I currently have 3. They send you an email to forward to people, which is the exact text I posted, and that is the exact text of the petition. Once it has 5 signatures it goes into a queue to get approved, which can take a while, then the petition would be live as normal at: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/550233 but as you can see, even that doesn't include the petition text while the petition is in this early stage. I completely agree with you that this process doesn't help you trust what you're signing, I have send this feedback to the Petitions Committee before and I have just sent it again.

Ah gotcha. It does email you the blurb before you confirm your sign-up on email just got that through.

Soldato
10 years ago? No.
The photographic evidence was more than enough.
If i could post the pic you would know exactly what I mean. Like I said, there was no way it wasn't him.

That's not proof, that's good circumstantial evidence. There is completely a way that it wasn't him. What happens if he drove off without hitting you car only for another car of the same colour to come and attempt to get into the space and mess it all up and cause damage to your car in the process? Can you offer evidence to show that this didn't happen? Don't get me wrong, it's very unlikely, but it is still possible. Don't mix up "proof" with "likely".

And when the DVLA deal with thousands of these sort of requests a day, it is inevitable that innocent people will get their details handed out to god knows who. Not to mention, if you did have malicious intent against someone you had a problem with, it wouldn't be difficult to falsely replicate the same situation in which you successfully got the details, just to find out where the person lived.

Soldato
That's not proof, that's good circumstantial evidence. There is completely a way that it wasn't him. What happens if he drove off without hitting you car only for another car of the same colour to come and attempt to get into the space and mess it all up and cause damage to your car in the process? Can you offer evidence to show that this didn't happen? Don't get me wrong, it's very unlikely, but it is still possible. Don't mix up "proof" with "likely".

And when the DVLA deal with thousands of these sort of requests a day, it is inevitable that innocent people will get their details handed out to god knows who. Not to mention, if you did have malicious intent against someone you had a problem with, it wouldn't be difficult to falsely replicate the same situation in which you successfully got the details, just to find out where the person lived.

He got lucky and they guy paid up. But he could have denied it and got away with it.

Back
Top Bottom