Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 remastered

Soldato
Been playing a while and its fantastic but something feels a little off. It seems harder to land tricks maybe its just as its 60fps. When i play the original Playstation version i do a lot better.... Still a great game...

Soldato
Been playing a while and its fantastic but something feels a little off. It seems harder to land tricks maybe its just as its 60fps. When i play the original Playstation version i do a lot better.... Still a great game...

Yeah I’ve been struggling to land even some simple tricks, I’ve just put it down to not being 14 years old anymore..

Soldato
Yeah I’ve been struggling to land even some simple tricks, I’ve just put it down to not being 14 years old anymore..

I have an original playstation and manage it on that i think its because the new version is so smooth it does not quite feel the same to me. Also the Xbox D-pad is crap. I'm sure i will pick it up again after a re-calibration... lol...

I was 21 when the original came out... :)

Soldato
Forgot all about this only to find late last night that it's released today. Disc has just arrived, 5.6GB update on XBOX and my weekend disappears in about 6 minutes...

Soldato
I rarely buy games for my XBOX anymore, but I'm so close to for this!

Just watched a couple of YT videos of it, and I am literally taken back to my childhood. Still remember in my early teens coming home from skating all day, then playing this all night!

Soldato
Finally managed to hit 175,000 points on the Minnesota (Downtown) level, it was a struggle tbh. Think it’s because it’s a big map with rails and whatnot spread out. I want to clear every level before I move on to the next, up to Downhill Jam now, need to up Bucky Lasek’s stats before I attempt some challenges on here.

Not played as game this much in a long time, I’m loving everything about it.

Last edited:
Don
Wife bought me this earlier today for PS4, as THPS2 is one of my favourite games.

Definitely not disappointed - plays as you remember it, but looks great and has a few minor quality of life improvements, as well as the challenges that should keep me going for a while.

Not tried multiplayer yet, but looks like I will need to so I can try and platinum this :)

Soldato
The Downhill Jam hidden tape is a pain to get, I’ll either fail at wall riding the first gap or go the whole way around and jump over the tape or not jump far enough, it’s doing my head in. I’ve decided to come off it for tonight, try again tomorrow.

Man of Honour
@Kreeeee have you bought this? I really do think it would be right up your street. Combo-licious!!! Far more fun and addictive than its namesake would suggest. I remember buying this as a whim on the Dreamcast and sinking hours and hours into it. I think few games have been as fun tbh.

I’m such a greedy chops with the combos... should just collect the points... but no, I have to go for max points and stack it :( :D

In summary: really, really fun game that holds up and I have no hesitation in giving a big two thumbs up.

Man of Honour
Oh, I’m definitely a grinder rather than a half-piper. Love hopping all over the place. My typical stack is get to the point of pushing my luck and fail to hit the floor straight when hopping along the ground in between manuals... fffff :D

I didn’t realise you can combo OFF the half pipe by doing a ‘revert’ (R2) into a manual.... that is what I need to practice!

Soldato
I am literally the worst at this game, always falling over - How on earth are people getting scores of over 100,000, I can barely get 10,000!

My plan was to clear each task in the venue then move on to the next, but that isn't happening. Any Pro tips?

Man of Honour
I am literally the worst at this game, always falling over - How on earth are people getting scores of over 100,000, I can barely get 10,000!

My plan was to clear each task in the venue then move on to the next, but that isn't happening. Any Pro tips?
I presume you mean 100,000 per combo?

The secret is grinding and manualing. Grind, hop spin and trick, manual, hop spin and trick, manual, grind something else.

As I alluded to above, you can actually manual between half pipe jumps if you ‘revert’ which is something I’m not sure if it is new to this game, but that makes things massively more combo-able!

Back
Top Bottom