Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Why do you need 2 such big side monitors? Surely your main screen should be the biggest?

The side monitors are 24", the centre one is 27".

One cool advantage of progress is that the new 24" screens are actually slightly smaller than my 23" ones were due to the lack of top/side bezels, despite the screen area being an inch bigger.

Associate
Free from Spotify, so technically not purchased but we do pay a monthly fee.

Already have a few Amazon Echo devices around the house so was interested to see how this compares, it is quite poor in comparison. Will be going to a friend that already uses them.

50303907823_dd690064da_c.jpg

Man of Honour
Free from Spotify, so technically not purchased but we do pay a monthly fee.

Already have a few Amazon Echo devices around the house so was interested to see how this compares, it is quite poor in comparison. Will be going to a friend that already uses them.

50303907823_dd690064da_c.jpg
I've got a bunch of these in various rooms. We use them just to check the time and to play music occasionally. They can be had quite cheaply some places. They seem decent to me and for some background music they are ok. But we don't use them for much else.

Soldato
UJSe.jpg

We've started picking up a few kitchen bits for our first house. Did also buy a new Pressure King Pro to replace our now fit for the bin PKP but when we collected it, it had a huge dent and damaged box! Have had it refunded and a new one on the way
I'd strongly recommend buying 1 or two good quality knives instead of that set. Different strokes for different folks though!

I do quite like Sage stuff though!

Soldato
I'd strongly recommend buying 1 or two good quality knives instead of that set. Different strokes for different folks though!

I do quite like Sage stuff though!

We've got our eye on some Japanese steel ones but as a gift, hopefully! We liked that set mostly because of the pretty slim knife block more than the actual knives. Neither of us belong to the Roux family so hopefully should do us well for a starter set

Pho

Pho

Soldato
I think it's fruit loaf! Never had one in my life but it has a fruit loaf/crumpet button. whatever that does :o
But in your question and wingmans follow up, sarcastic or not, I think you may have just had a genius idea of toasting cookies!

I was being sarcastic, I love fruit loaf :D.

Toasted cookies do sound like they're worth a shot though!

Associate
Why are they poor in comparison? Thinking of picking up an Amazon Echo Dot as they're only a tenner at the moment, but already using a Google Home and Mini. Keen to hear the comparisons.

I put it side by side with an echo dot I have. I played the same song from Spotify first, the sound was really not that good compared to the echo, it was a little tinny, hardly any bass and all round just not as good for music, which is what we usually use them for. Then I asked a few basic questions that I would usually ask Alexa on a daily basis (weather, etc) and the thinking time of the Nest was 1-2 seconds more than the Echo, not a massive problem but something I noticed which would annoy me if I'd have made the change.

I'm sure I would have liked the Nest if I hadn't already had an Echo, but it's a step back really so I'm not interested in keeping it.

Caporegime
I put it side by side with an echo dot I have. I played the same song from Spotify first, the sound was really not that good compared to the echo, it was a little tinny, hardly any bass and all round just not as good for music, which is what we usually use them for. Then I asked a few basic questions that I would usually ask Alexa on a daily basis (weather, etc) and the thinking time of the Nest was 1-2 seconds more than the Echo, not a massive problem but something I noticed which would annoy me if I'd have made the change.

I'm sure I would have liked the Nest if I hadn't already had an Echo, but it's a step back really so I'm not interested in keeping it.

The quality of understanding and answers seem much better and more natural on Googles assistant vs Alexa.

Back
Top Bottom