Summer Transfer Window 2020/21 - Rumours & Signings *please quote sources*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
An important signing, he knits the midfield together very well and is competent in all parts of the game. One more certainly needed to strengthen the area, given Guendouzi is an outcast and Torreira doesn't fit Arteta's model, but I'd be content with Xhaka, Ceballos, Elneny plus one.

Associate
The size of the signing on fee he could get next year from City though? Might be too much to turn down.

He might end up just getting another deal at Barca that continues to pay him the £46m in wages he gets each year. He will be 34, it would be madness to give even Messi those same wages. So I guess going to city he could expect half that each week in wages, a multi year deal and 20 or 30m in a lump up front. Even that would be crazy money.

All this could possibly be posturing over a new multi year deal and the wages they will pay him. As great as he has been I see little value in any premiership side taking him now. The PL teams are better off letting him continue to rinse Barca for money as he gets older.

Caporegime
Newcastle doing some decent business... Wilson, Fraser and possibly Lewis? 3 very solid signings.

Wilson might not score 20+ a season but he always seemed to link up well with Fraser.

Plus he can't score less than Joelinton :p

Soldato
Newcastle doing some decent business... Wilson, Fraser and possibly Lewis? 3 very solid signings.

Wilson might not score 20+ a season but he always seemed to link up well with Fraser.

Plus he can't score less than Joelinton :p

Wait, Fraser? The same one who refused to play end of season for Bournemouth in case he got injured? After all that he's going to Newcastle! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA it's like Eddie Howe rigged it out of spite. What a chump. Well that backfired for him didn't it!

Soldato
Sounds about right.

I think, though it#'s hard to find good stats that it's one more than Slimani got for you in the premier league 2017-2018. When we palmed him off to some mugs who took him on loan despite his goal drought. ;) Monaco have sent him back so we'll have to find another desperate recipient this season.

Caporegime
Wait, Fraser? The same one who refused to play end of season for Bournemouth in case he got injured? After all that he's going to Newcastle! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA it's like Eddie Howe rigged it out of spite. What a chump. Well that backfired for him didn't it!

The season before this one, 19/20 he was great. 7 goals, 14 assists. That's what Newcastle are paying for.

Soldato
The season before this one, 19/20 he was great. 7 goals, 14 assists. That's what Newcastle are paying for.
oh I get what Newcastle are paying for - what I meant was HAHAHA at Fraser for being such a wally at the end of the season making it sound like some big move was afoot when, no offence, it's a sideways move at best, and given Ashley's handling of the club and uncertainties and budget problems that always arise - it's hardly a great jump, and i would argue worse off than if he'd helped keep Bournemouth up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom