System SSD CHKDSK error The Volume Bitmap is Incorrect?

Associate
I'm having big issues with my pc since a win10 update recently. I'm getting continual BSOD's with
Stop code: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

I thought I'd break out my windows thread to here as I've a specific storage query. I've done a completely fresh win10 pro install and I'm still getting the same BSOD. Opening a command prompt as admin and running CHKDSK I get a line at Stage 3 saying,
The Volume Bitmap is incorrect
Windows has checked the file system and found problems
Please run chkdsk /scan to find problems and queue them for repair

So I run chkdsk /scan and it completes fine saying
Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
No further action is required.
However, when I run chkdsk again I get the same
The volume bitmap is incorrect error
Can anyone tell me if there is any error with my drive or not? It is really confusing me!:confused:

Edit: I've just used my win10 boot usb and gone to c: and run chkdsk. Doing it this way it seems to complete properly saying.
windows has scanned the file system and found no problems
Who to believe though? Can anyone tell me a bomb proof way to test if my ssd could be at the root of my BSOD problem?

Last edited:
Soldato
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-...ws-10-image#sfc_repair_installation_windows10

if you have a problem with the OS install try:

Repairing issues with DISM using RestoreHealth option

If there are issues, then you can use DISM with the RestoreHealth option, which will run an advanced scan and repair any problems automatically.

To repair Windows 10 image problems with DISM, use these steps:

1. Open Start.
  2. Search for Command Prompt, right-click the top result, and select the Run as administrator option.
  3. Type the following command to repair the Windows 10 image and press Enter:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Back
Top Bottom