• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

rn2

rn2

Associate
10gb of vram for £800 lol.

Thank god nvidia failed with the 10gb 3080 or I might had been tempted. Now I'll just wait for big navi and 3080 super/ti with more vram.

Same. I won't be going for a 24gb vram video card it will be a waste for gaming but a 3080TI will be good.

rn2

rn2

Associate
if you want a strix it's eight hundy
I don't want a strix, I guess I will have to look more closely at the prices lol. What are the differences? I know that strix are always more expensive.

I'd pay 900 for a 3080ti if it had 16gb of vram. That would be nice :D

EDIT

I have just read that Strix has better quality components which is useful if you want to overclock it. I doubt that I would be into overclocking it.

Last edited:
Associate
Is the 10GB VRAM going to be a huge issue? Still undecided on whether to try order on release date or hold off.

I'm in a pretty good position to buy myself, as I have just built my first rig. Don't currently have a Graphics Card, I'm using a 3400g while I wait.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

As I stated the other day more info will come next week and it’s also the weekend so no additional info shall be forthcoming.

Board partners should start to share some insight, shipment plans, allocation next week etc.

Then we shall have a better idea if we will have stock on shelf for launch, small or large amount etc. Or if it shall be pre order.

Gut feeling is there is reasonable amounts of volume but NVIDIA are now the internet darlings and literally everybody wants one so I can for sure see them selling out and people having to pre order and get in line to get one as they are such fantastic value.

OcUk will do it’s very best to get as much stock as possible and offer the largest range online and keep prices competitive. :)

rn2

rn2

Associate
Is the 10GB VRAM going to be a huge issue? Still undecided on whether to try order on release date or hold off.

I'm in a pretty good position to buy myself, as I have just built my first rig. Don't currently have a Graphics Card, I'm using a 3400g while I wait.

It looks like that the new consoles will be included with 16gb of vram. So at some point 10gb of vram might be an issue.

Associate
Hi there

As I stated the other day more info will come next week and it’s also the weekend so no additional info shall be forthcoming.

Board partners should start to share some insight, shipment plans, allocation next week etc.

Then we shall have a better idea if we will have stock on shelf for launch, small or large amount etc. Or if it shall be pre order.

Gut feeling is there is reasonable amounts of volume but NVIDIA are now the internet darlings and literally everybody wants one so I can for sure see them selling out and people having to pre order and get in line to get one as they are such fantastic value.

OcUk will do it’s very best to get as much stock as possible and offer the largest range online and keep prices competitive. :)

Appreciate the further clarifications, thanks!

Soldato
Hi there

Can't you like get some exclusive "early pre order" or first 5 mins of launch for OcUK members :p.

You'd be a hero, hall of fame level, the man of the hour

Soldato
I don't want a strix, I guess I will have to look more closely at the prices lol. What are the differences? I know that strix are always more expensive.

I'd pay 900 for a 3080ti if it had 16gb of vram. That would be nice :D

EDIT

I have just read that Strix has better quality components which is useful if you want to overclock it. I doubt that I would be into overclocking it.

Seeing as you weren't trolling there are cards for £639.99 and up.

Asus has a unique taxation system, you pay more for an identically performing card.

Days of high end models making a difference in overclocking are long gone.

Just buy the coolest running/quietest , cheapest , best warranty card you like the look of.

Soldato
Seeing as you weren't trolling there are cards for £639.99 and up.

Asus has a unique taxation system, you pay more for an identically performing card.

Days of high end models making a difference in overclocking are long gone.

Just buy the coolest running/quietest , cheapest , best warranty card you like the look of.

If you are taking a long term approach and upgrade gpu every generation- it's much cheaper to just invest in a custom loop now and then buy the cheapest gpu and a block for it than buying the "best" AIB cards every generation.

In the last two generations I've spent $400 extra by buying Asus cards instead of the cheapest and that $400 would have gone a long way towards a loop which would have provided much better overclocking and temperatures

Associate
It looks like that the new consoles will be included with 16gb of vram. So at some point 10gb of vram might be an issue.

If I'm not mistaken that 16 gigs is actually VRAM being utilized as mixed system memory with little under 2gb disappearing for the console OS with then the remaining 14 available to developers to split between "ram" and "vram" as they see fit, many of the games I've played lately on pc have utilized upwards of around 4-7GB of system ram leaving anywhere from 10 to as little as 7gb for video memory.

I wouldn't worry about it unless you're trying to run multiple 144p at high refresh rate or even multiple 4k monitors - a scenario where the cores wouldn't even be capable of pushing decent performance just yet.

Soldato
I am going to buy a new graphics card fairly soon as I have come into some money. I thought my RTX2070 would be my last card but I may buy a 3080 or wait and see what Amd come up with. I will certainly not be rushing in though and will wait for genuine reviews from independent sources. I do not trust Nvidia at all and would hate to buy their card and then find Amd were better, I think Amd are on a roll and may just surprise us. My son will be very happy when he gets my 2070 in his new rig which I have just built for him, he had a 4GB 470 Amd card with an i5 4690K. I may wait a while as I suspect there will be the usual price gouging which I detest so I will be patient and wait.

Caporegime
Hi there

called it. People were going around saying Gibbo said there will be loads of cards available etc and no shortage and I said straight away Gibbo may know how many he is getting but how does he know how many buyers?

you may have 100,000 in stock on launch day but that’s still no good if there are 200,000 trying to buy them at 2pm . ;)

not going to be helped that nda on reviews isn’t lifted until they go on sale.

Due to demand I can see these being in short supply for weeks.

Caporegime
Has this been confirmed, I've not seen or heard state that reviews etc. were NDA until release?

FE reviews nda is lifted on the 14th which is at least something as we all get to see how the 3080 performs in proper game reviews and if it’s as good as Nvidia claims then it’s going to fuel demand. But AIB reviews NDA isn’t getting lifted until 17th so nobody will know which AIB has the edge and get their build right with the coolest and or best overclocking card

Back
Top Bottom