Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Lost my super charge on the mate 20 pro usb c so got some of this then used a bit of car washer pipe attached to my shark to suck out the debris ,Boom ,job done

Screenshot-20200905-194631-com-android-gallery3d.jpg

Soldato
We have both and Alexa is sooooo much better.

Maybe she's improved. I had them both a couple of years ago (or whenever they first really came out) and Google was so much better at understanding what I said...

bGce-0-kDR6t0-SBjim9uCYwMN7fE3L-1Gs5fJXjkji3-M4dvLo0eSHVYLji61ayy21Op-llTs7xN-B2va9fXmqfSqvEvqaUMNyljM3n2DEjfoN6Tha3nJtSJ1r6uiUgvlFN4yCGCp3smY3PLtSQ_HfCvWakfXXOQG4jNcZETkA3eyIPzDEE2piQ4893viyS2QxSmaFRbMhd19X9POTO4jgP7Ls8UhEUuxxSBDATFwA-5z7TU-AVmxI5y_ZlwKq1bvUQPQ_55umayACm6-E_69d7A1YRiG3S897UyZOkoPN36f9bYWLgKnk__PdaZL5BBqzKQJmfwyrNALvjOEiuZnBX7bOqfEzEyqOUk-rcuiFiUA08NBPDwuTT25ryLQTEPmqKqnT2rgf9a2Pz1_IwGwBCKMeWVZK1wS_P2om8xAl-Z5u2RxgFiW4tNZruBl5u_Y8VsGk6XJzTnD46Ayi8x_ct0VZy7h93SzmINY3bD_CVr5-_THNYi2QmbUVwF5q8qkEVfSCMKHLk13-zqTkT9bwPaHH-1NkTRMLbHNsoFY94jPSb4PxjMCtw9xptVACJcRVeRZQfIPOIEVviBdStdIazeURzVJZd7Wb7YQ_ctWljIDUTZKlXp9QE6qgHUuDMKxGAOjPNXHRydl2esrjLnwDWAa9h6IhXu_OWu5in-hbVpHUoDc5TywIUOH0O5w=w2252-h1688-no

I shelled out on a new Goretex (stretchy) cycle top, as the Castelli windbreaker type just meant I sweat my *ss off. Tested this morning and seemed to do a great job. I don't know if I imagined it, but it seemed like I could feel the cool air getting in a circulating, but not blowing through me, so seemed to do an idea job of regulating my body temperature.

Soldato
Maybe she's improved. I had them both a couple of years ago (or whenever they first really came out) and Google was so much better at understanding what I said...

Yeah, that was definately the case a few years back, but imho Alexa has not only overtaken, but put a huge gap between them both. Regarding speech recognition, boy the tables have turned. Alexa just gets everything, plus you can whisper to her and also have her shorted her replies, or have no replies at all which is good. Having google constantly saying "ok, playing so and so by artist blah on youtube music". You don't really need it.

Then there's the skills which add a lot of functionality. Plus the drop in feature, which also supports remote alexas in other houses. The assistant is just plain better too, which is surprising considering how clever Google engineers are. Alexa sounds more human too.

Yesterday, my google mini was flashing so I said, ok google, play notification....and it only went and started playing a song called notification lol

Looking at my contacts, way more people have the echos.

Associate
@ChrisLX200 thats really cool.

Is that stepper motor attactched to the 3 jaw a part from some mini lathe too?

That's a 4th axis which works together with its tailstock (not shown). Having enough trouble getting just the XYZ axes to work with Mach3 software without adding that into the mix lol! It'll be a while before I will be using it but a 4th axis allows full machining of cylindrical things like (e.g.,) a chess piece where it's cut all over. This machine has a capcity of 300x200mm, I would have liked a bigger one but I don't really have the room - at least not in my workshop.

Soldato
Yeah, that was definately the case a few years back, but imho Alexa has not only overtaken, but put a huge gap between them both. Regarding speech recognition, boy the tables have turned. Alexa just gets everything, plus you can whisper to her and also have her shorted her replies, or have no replies at all which is good. Having google constantly saying "ok, playing so and so by artist blah on youtube music". You don't really need it.

Then there's the skills which add a lot of functionality. Plus the drop in feature, which also supports remote alexas in other houses. The assistant is just plain better too, which is surprising considering how clever Google engineers are. Alexa sounds more human too.

Yesterday, my google mini was flashing so I said, ok google, play notification....and it only went and started playing a song called notification lol

Looking at my contacts, way more people have the echos.

Interesting.

Like @AndyCr15 i used to have Alexas around the house but got a free google home and found the responses were a lot better so switched over to Google devices. Mainly driven by the Nest camera integration, but a few of the things you've mentioned there suggests that Alexa has certainly improved a lot.

Soldato
Interesting.

Like @AndyCr15 i used to have Alexas around the house but got a free google home and found the responses were a lot better so switched over to Google devices. Mainly driven by the Nest camera integration, but a few of the things you've mentioned there suggests that Alexa has certainly improved a lot.

Yeah, although it's better I still use my google mini for youtube music as amazon doesn't support it

Back
Top Bottom