What to look out for when buying a used approved car?

Associate
Hi all,

I'm travelling 100 miles next week to buy a 2018 SEAT Leon FR 1.4 150 DSG at a SEAT dealership and was wondering what to look out for when viewing the car other than the condition, drives well and panel gaps?

Associate
OP
How many miles has it done? Tyre tread can generally give an idea of how it's been driven if you check how many miles it's done versus the age of the tyres :)
The car is currently on 18.5k miles and they said the car/tyres will be checked when it's at the workshop so if the tread is low then the tyres will be changed.

Soldato
Check it’s not a unrecorded write off by purchasing a salvage check from Vcheck. Their Facebook page has plenty of examples of main dealers selling unrecorded write offs.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Hi all,

I'm travelling 100 miles next week to buy a 2018 SEAT Leon FR 1.4 150 DSG at a SEAT dealership and was wondering what to look out for when viewing the car other than the condition, drives well and panel gaps?

Is it the colour you want and does it have the trim options you want.

That's pretty much all you need to think about.

If it turns out to be a shed, you get the dealer to fix it or you reject the car. Simples.

Associate
OP
Is it the colour you want and does it have the trim options you want.

That's pretty much all you need to think about.

If it turns out to be a shed, you get the dealer to fix it or you reject the car. Simples.
Yes, it's the colour/trim I want with the convenience pack and 18in wheels instead of 17s.

Back
Top Bottom