• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Lowest 2080ti price - £350

Soldato
We are still in the £500 price range for 2080ti with the odd exception. I expect next week to see more selling for £450
Its crazy. I honestly thought these would drop more.it literally makes no sense that people are paying more than a 3070 for one. Guess they might be impatient because you don't go buying a 2080ti without having a decent level of gpu knowledge imo.

Associate
Its crazy. I honestly thought these would drop more.it literally makes no sense that people are paying more than a 3070 for one. Guess they might be impatient because you don't go buying a 2080ti without having a decent level of gpu knowledge imo.

As a 2080ti owner I could swap it for a 3070 for little loss and a nice new warranty/tech, if I was so inclined. But the lower memory, memory bandwidth and waiting for proper tests not cherry picked ones put an end to that thought. Never side stepped on pc parts upgrading before, doubt I will now.

I won't be selling my 2080ti in a hurry, there is something fishy about both these new releases (ignoring the silly 3090).

Soldato
Professionals and serious Hobbyist for CGI art work aren't necessarly interested in the latest and greatest GPU tech and they will be having a field day with all these cheap components going around. 4x Rtx 2080ti for £500 each, will smash a 3090 in rendering. It may not have as much RAM but it will depend on their use case.

Associate
I need more than 8gb when using Nvidia Iray. If they decide not to release higher mem cards this year ill be forced to go 2nd hand 2080ti instead of 3070.
Buy a 3080 or a 3090 then if you need it. The idea that you think you are being "forced" to buy a 2nd hand 2080ti is crazy talk.
That said in a few weeks you might pick one up for a bargain.

Associate
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. No one knows what the supply & real world prices are going to be like when the new cards launch. Paying a slight premium for nevertheless heavily discounted Turing cards now instead of waiting for cards that might not be readily available at launch is quite rational.

Associate

We have nothing but Nvidia's word that the 3070 does better than 2080 Ti, and the latter has the 3 extra gigs of vram too.

Soldato
So I made a Ebay listing for a 2080Ti, not selling the product, just posting information about the new line of GPU's and making the information about 3070 and 3080 known.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GTX1080T...TE-PALIT-ASUS-Buying-Information/203099392442

And on Facebook as well... already got some salt and verbal abuse coming in.

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom