New Phone, issue plugging in headphones

Soldato
Hi All,

Ive just received a new Razer phone 2 that doesn't come with a headphone jack so i bought an adaptor.

The problem i have is that whenever i plug my headphones into the adaptor my contacts app opens! If i then exit the app it relaunches every 3 minutes or so.

Ive checked all settings that i can to try and disable to issue but it just keeps on happening. Ive even tried downloading apps that launch apps from the headphones socket and then disabled that app.

Ive reset the phone back to factory settings and not installed my back up and it still happens.

Interestingly when i plug in the USB c to 3.5mmm jack nothing happens, its when i plug in the headphones into the adaptor that the contacts then pop up. Im assuming that the phone assumes a headset has been plugged in and opens your contacts so you can make a call..... its very frustrating when you are watching a you tube vid and it exits to the contacts application every 3 minutes....

Any ideas peeps?

Associate
Could just be a dodgy quality adapter but IIRC the razer phone won't drive an external adapter without a built-in DAC - the official razer one should fix your problem though.

Back
Top Bottom