• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Permabanned
Maybe better to target an upgrade when you get a new CPU too.
Dont need to mate, this is fully stable at 5ghz in prime95 overnight. Its a Golden Batch CPU hitting 5.2 by some people on Overclock.net. I have 3x triple rads (RX360s) so my cooling is good too.
Using MSI OSD i dont go no more than 30% in all games so im ok.

Cheers

Caporegime
AMD said before the new consoles are released. So I assume October??

This...

g5t5fIw.png

Was part of this twitter string....

gzvunor.png

Frank Azor one of AMD's GPU people.

With Nvidia's RTX 3000 release starting in 2 weeks i'm going to stick my neck on the line and say AMD will launch on that October 7 date, Frank is still posting around on Twitter saying more info on RNDA2 will be teased out over the coming weeks.

Soldato
This...

g5t5fIw.png

Was part of this twitter string....

gzvunor.png

Frank Azor one of AMD's GPU people.

With Nvidia's RTX 3000 release starting in 2 weeks i'm going to stick my neck on the line and say AMD will launch on that October 7 date, Frank is still posting around on Twitter saying more info on RNDA2 will be teased out over the coming weeks.

I suspect October makes sense,as Nvidia would have launched the RTX3070 by then too.

Permabanned
It depends if PCI-E 4.0 becomes a problem for later generations of GPUs.
At this present moment in time i dont think so as majority of gamers are not even on PCI-E 3.0. Be along way off before its made obsolete, yes you may get more performance but at what cost? 10% more speed for around £1000 average for a decent bundle (cpu ram and mobo)? Not worth it in my opinion :)

Soldato
Is it just me that finds the founders edition more appetising than the third party ?

It's pretty good, but the extra two yesrs warranty with the Zotac is not to be sniffed at, and makes the difference for me, particularly as I tend to keep brand new cards for at least three years.

That latter fact is also why I have reservations about the 10GB on the 3080.

12GB and i wwould have been happy.

Associate
Is that an announcement or a launch though?

Caporegime
Is that an announcement or a launch though?

Nvidia? Defiantly starting with the 3080 on the 17'th.

AMD, don't know, according to Jaz2Cents its either release or announcement, AMD in the past have said multiple times that RDNA2 Navi will be released BEFORE the consoles, that's why i think it will be a release, perhaps and announcement late this month.

Associate
Nvidia? Defiantly starting with the 3080 on the 17'th.

AMD, don't know, according to Jaz2Cents its either release or announcement, AMD in the past have said multiple times that RDNA2 Navi will be released BEFORE the consoles, that's why i think it will be a release, perhaps and announcement late this month.
Consoles are supposed to launch shortly before Thanksgiving so leaves early November as well.

Back
Top Bottom