AMD 3900X instability while or with Bluetooth enabled

Associate
Hi,

I build myself an AMD system late last year and have been having issues with it since a few months after that time. The issue is I have not been able to pinpoint which piece of hardware is failing or simply defective.

I have tried 3 different RAM kits (Work RAM, Father's PC RAM & purchased kit), 2 different motherboards (Asrock X570 ITX) and 3 different PSUs. Windows reinstallation and using a different boot drive.

CPU temps do no exceed 70C, GPU temps do not exceed 60C (water cooling)

System Specs: (I financed this system, I do not have this kind of money)

CPU: AMD 3900X (I think this is the issue.)
RAM: Corsair 32GB 3200MHz CMW32GX4M2Z3200C16
Motherboard: Asrock X570 Taichi
GPU: EVGA 2080ti Black Edition (From previous system)
Boot Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus
PSU: HX1200i (From previous X299 system)

Bluetooth appears to be the major trigger to most instabilities, the moment I try to update the driver or turn it on the issues I multiply. I then get WHEA CPU errors: “Cache Hierarchy Error” and it will continue to crash until I go into safemode and remove the extracted installation media (Because Windows keeps trying to upgrade). If it is enabled and hasn’t crashed then you can listen to terrible audio (USB DAC not bluetooth) and spikes of very poor performance. ~ both motherboards when this CPU is installed have issues with Bluetooth.

I get random spikes where my cursor decides to jump around the screen and sometimes an application crashes. Nothing in Event Viewer.

If I play say COD: MW then I continue to get issues where Windows slows around the game so media stutters and grinds to a halt. After a while, the screen usually goes Black and everything crashes, the NVIDIA driver does crash but so does almost every other Application.

Stress tests do not trouble the system, MemTests pass without issue. Virtualization appears to be a bit of an issue but only after the system has been on for a while.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this. Thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Associate
Try running something like DCP Latency Checker . There are instructions on how to use the tool on their website.

My friend had a similar issue caused by the onboard wifi/Bluetooth solution on his X570 Gigabyte board. Disabling the onboard wifi/Bluetooth from the BIOS fixed the issue for him. A later drive update from Gigabyte resolved the issue. You can also try downloading newer drivers than the ones provided on Asrock's website if there are any available by using a driver updating tool like DriverBooster. First, make sure to pinpoint what device is causing the issue using the tool mentioned above.

Last edited:
Soldato
My AMD (3900X)PC has started getting the same WHEA CPU errors: “Cache Hierarchy Error” error. I dont have Wifi/bluetooth and the PC has been rock solid so I dont know whats causing it? Its only happened 3 times, started when I moved my PC, had to disconnect all the usb cables so it could be that, I have noticed that some devices have problems in some usb ports, after moving them to different ports the problem stop. I also have noticed games freeze for up to 10s and then continue. Diablo 3 seems to do this the most.

edit:
I had my XBox wireless adapter in the red USB(3.2 think) port, moved it to a USB 2.0 port and has been ok since, fingers crossed that sorts it, still should not cause problem but my Intel PC is the same with USB port issues, dont know if its just asus mobo's?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom