What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Changed it. Swapping one planet killing diesel Alhambra a for different one, Tiguan Allspace 4wd. Most likely our last big ICE car, the plan is to hopefully go EV next time, in around 3-5 years.

Caporegime
Yes but I shall let others have a go. :D

Hint: It has a ridiculous name.

I also love how the steering wheel looks 10 years newer than the rest of the interior!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yes but I shall let others have a go. :D

Hint: It has a ridiculous name.

I also love how the steering wheel looks 10 years newer than the rest of the interior!

I wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t original. The cockpit is very 90s Japan. First job is to clean it and add a new android headunit. Next up will probably be tyres as it has hedge magnets all round. Then a focus on the more practical facilities it offers.

I used to think these were just for tossers, so either I am one of them, or I have grown.

Additional clue. It’s a petrol V6.

Man of Honour
It’s a Bongo! It took me a while to find one that wasn’t rotting from the inside out. This one is a bit manky on the inside but structurally it is solid, and the engine and transmission run really well.

zJzzVUg.jpg

Associate
Had the roof resprayed on the FN2 last week. It's been wet since and finally have a chance to wash it and check it out properly.

Before:
tGU9Tz.jpg

After:
uKjf6U.jpg

The job isn't perfect, I can see not enough sanding was done before it was sprayed as some of the previous defect shown through. I didn't expect it to be perfect though as the place that I went for was recommended as cheap and reasonable job which it was considering how little I did pay. It is only my daily so I am happy with it.

Associate
HardRace adjustable rear camber and toe arms
Genuine Honda bolts and nuts
Coolant flush
Alignment
Cabin Filter
Still to do - Aux belt and top idler pulley. :)

Rear camber and toe are perfect now. Only reason these got replaced was due to really bad inner tyre
wear.

Having needed 4 brand new tyres anway I just decided to get the arms done too and save my tyres.

Parts and fitting total was around 400 squid. :)

NI143hB.png

hhuDTzf.png

avaeh5e.png

Wheels seem to fit the arches much better and handling has been greatly improved.

8GqIKXi.png

Cabin filter was shocking. Only replaced because I found a cheap MANN filter online.

ACrTKCK.png

Nice easy job - one bleed screw on the rad and refill. :)

LXe5Bql.png

Soldato
Few bits today.
- Picked up the car from the bodyshop where the scuff on front bumper was being repaired.
- Replaced the rear drop links and ARB bushes. Not sure they needed doing yet, but I'd just done the front set to fix a creaking noise, and figured the rears wouldn't be far behind. So a preventative measure, especially as I had the rear of the car in the air....installing the birthday present I ordered for myself; a new Remus backbox :D

MnWt3or.jpg

I tried an Invidia catback system earlier this year, but took it off after a few months, bit louder and boomier than I hoped. Was recommended the Remus backbox as it's actually a Subaru option for the BRZ, which means it bolts up to the OEM midpipe and retains the factory resonator. The result is that this sounds a bit deeper and more mature, but isn't too loud when you don't want it to be. It's also suppressed the rather annoying metallic rattle I would sometimes get at low revs, which I think was caused by my OEM backbox not coping with the extra flow from the Ace manifold.

Will see how it sounds after a few weeks of settling in, but so far, the initial impression is good :)

Back
Top Bottom