***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Caporegime
I’m weak. Ordered a Sián too. Will try and keep hold of it longer than I did my 911 GT3. Sold it built for £90. Now they’re worth double that or more.

Soldato
It’s been lower than that, I’m in no rush.

Yep. I remember picking up two of these for between £60-£70 ish?
Went to collect the reservation and one of the boxes was damaged, he knocked £20 so one of them worked out about £40 ish.

And as luck would have it... Ive literally cracked it open today and started building it :)
This is actually my first technic lego I ever built in my life :)

Wondering how you all organise the pieces before commecning building.
Do you split them into different colours/sizes etc?
I got myself some paper bowls and just divided into the different colours/sizes.

Caporegime
So with the JL offer it works out at £260ish for the Sian? Tempted to buy 2, 1 to keep for collection and 1 to build!

I did this!

With the porsche now at 300+ and my saturn vs at 200 ish I'm just waiting for an ebay 1 pound day to shift some sets.

Saturn v and porsche have gone up so much. Especially the saturn v. Hasn't even been out of production long

You could put the sian on ebay now and get 330 for it.

Caporegime
Yep. I remember picking up two of these for between £60-£70 ish?
Went to collect the reservation and one of the boxes was damaged, he knocked £20 so one of them worked out about £40 ish.

And as luck would have it... Ive literally cracked it open today and started building it :)
This is actually my first technic lego I ever built in my life :)

Wondering how you all organise the pieces before commecning building.
Do you split them into different colours/sizes etc?
I got myself some paper bowls and just divided into the different colours/sizes.

:(
Go hard mode! All in one box

I did this with the ucs falcon. It was a chore! :D

Soldato
Folks... I got a couple of questions...

1. The Sian. Some people on HUKD seem to think it could go below £200.... really?
2. General building organisation/etiquette: how do you guys organise all your pieces? Do you group them in colours etc? Im guessing you dont build in one sitting so have to packed up the lego which can be a pain each time you want to start building?

Thanks for your inputs :)

Soldato
Depends on what I’m building, if it’s a brand new set I’ll just build though the bags as intended but I will group all the similar pieces.

If I am building something I previously dismantled I will end up sorting out all the pieces before I start. It does mean putting it all away again after but zip lock bags are your friend.

That said, when I dismantle them I put all the pieces of a similar size into the same zip lock bag. Makes it so much easier when it comes to reassembly. Smaller models say up to £100 will only be split into 3/4 bags but on a big one like the Porsche I’ll have a bag for just black technic pins as there are so many.

Caporegime
I have two small rubs and I split the pieces into small and large, otherwise searching for them is too frustrating.

I also fashioned a building board out of thick cardboard and a cut down piece of wooden flooring underlay. Works nicely. My eyes are not great, so I also have an LED magnifying glass for looking for small pieces and reading some of the more complex instructions.

Soldato
2. General building organisation/etiquette: how do you guys organise all your pieces? Do you group them in colours etc? Im guessing you dont build in one sitting so have to packed up the lego which can be a pain each time you want to start building?
Plastic takeaway containers from the local Chinese, a couple of family meals and you have a stack of them (once throughly washed!). :p

As someone that normally only builds technic stuff I just open the bags in order and distribute them across several containers, I tend to group by panels, lifters, axles, gears, pins, misc. Avoid grouping by colour as it makes it hard to see pieces in piles.

Then when taking a break from building something (most things for me are normally numerous sessions) I just stack the containers on top of each other and store them out the way.

Soldato
All the larger models tend to come in numbered bags, a £80 model will have 5/6 steps. Technic tends to have a little less as they don’t have so many unique parts.

Back
Top Bottom