• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which Nvidia 3080

Associate
Since there are now so many options and quite a lot of the 3rd party manufacturers still haven't released the clock speeds for their cards.

Which cards are people going for?
Do people feel one card has better build quality?

I am just thinking this would be a good thread for people on the fence about which manufacturer to purchase.

Personally I owned a Gigabyte 1080ti and Gigabyte 2080 Super as they were cheaper, however this time around, I will be avoiding Gigabyte as both cards I had with them contain coil whine.

Soldato
In waiting for the benchmarks and thermals off Gamers Nexus and Hardware Unboxed first. But I'm going for the 3080 though unless AMD pulls something special out of the hat at same price or less.

Associate
OP
I was thinking more than 10GB now in 2020.
I personally planned £1000 - £1200 for this generation.

And was planning for the 3080Ti, however the 3080 performance wise is much greater than I expected the 3080Ti to have.
As I was expecting 3080 to have just above 2080Ti performance and then a 3080Ti to have maybe a 30% performance increase, which the current 3080 is now higher.

I am just interested in which brand to get TBH.. I only know, I am not going Gigabyte.

Permabanned
Since there are now so many options and quite a lot of the 3rd party manufacturers still haven't released the clock speeds for their cards.

Which cards are people going for?
Do people feel one card has better build quality?

I am just thinking this would be a good thread for people on the fence about which manufacturer to purchase.

Personally I owned a Gigabyte 1080ti and Gigabyte 2080 Super as they were cheaper, however this time around, I will be avoiding Gigabyte as both cards I had with them contain coil whine.
Cheapest not like Ill keep it longer than 2 maybe 3 years.
in my case INNO3D been choice for long while and sticking to them.

Soldato
FE or Gigabyte for me.

Anyone know the difference between Gigabyte Gaming and Eagle?

Think the Eagle is meant to be a standard 3080 of sorts with 3 year warranty. Although fans look exact same as Gaming. Could just be the shroud/design and small overclock it seems.

Whereas the Gaming has 4 year warranty, slightly higher overclock model I expect and maybe slightly better binned? Probably not much in it though, as better binned GB held back for Aorus models I expect.

I'm interested in the FE > Gigabyte > Zotac atm in that order... Patiently awaiting 14th though for embargo to lift so we can see reviews on the FE.

Last edited:
Associate
Think the Eagle is meant to be a standard 3080 of sorts with 3 year warranty. Although fans look exact same as Gaming. Could just be the shroud/design and small overclock it seems.

Whereas the Gaming has 4 year warranty, slightly higher overclock model I expect and maybe slightly better binned? Probably not much in it though, as better binned GB held back for Aorus models I expect.

I'm interested in the FE > Gigabyte > Zotac atm in that order... Patiently awaiting 14th though for embargo to lift so we can see reviews on the FE.

Apparently the Eagle has a single bios and the Gamer a dual bios.

Back
Top Bottom