• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What if the 3000 series is over hyped?

Permabanned
So how do you get those performance figures? You read independent review websites.

Reading companies own figures won't give you any real information - Nvidia used HDR to make Turing look much more performant than it was over Pascal and AMD marketing had the Fury X matching a GTX980TI.

If Nvidia and AMD released no performance figures would anyone pre-order a GPU?? I doubt it.

This is what all these performance previews do - build hype for pre-orders/first day orders which usually appear before reviews.
Ill just buy it day one as 3080 will be faster than 4 year old titan pascal. This card got tooo many hours in it :D I play 4K and missing some juice for constant 60fps ans 2080it was not worth the money for performance jump for me and still on old node.

Soldato
These 3000 series don't feel overhyped, it's different this time around, it's going to be really good

Thats what I like to see, a healthy dose of optimism:) I would though, recommend seeing reviews and weighing up the pros and cons before buying one of these new gpus. They might actually be as good as Nvidia says they are, BUT, there might be a few caveats with them, great performance only in certain game titles, tend to run a bit on the hot, prone to space invaders like the 2080ti was I believe, the 3070ti with 16gb Vram might drop earlier than expected possibly due to AMD punting a gpu that was/is better than expected at a reasonable price point, plus loads of other caveats that i can't think of.
Personally I fancy a 3070 meself, good price, looks a good performer BUT I'll only buy after the independent reviews are out and I can compare with AMD's offering

Associate
Those who want to get hands on FE edition are in the pickle. There is no pre-order on cards, so I guarantee they will run out on 17th within hours. Waiting for benchmarks/reviews will probably result in extra month of wait until cards are back in stock. Bit of risk and wait although these cards seem pretty solid.

Soldato
Those who want to get hands on FE edition are in the pickle. There is no pre-order on cards, so I guarantee they will run out on 17th within hours. Waiting for benchmarks/reviews will probably result in extra month of wait until cards are back in stock. Bit of risk and wait although these cards seem pretty solid.

No offence intended, but you're literally just making things up which isn't very helpful at all.

Soldato

There's no pre-order on AIB cards either. :confused:

Caporegime
The other question is why would Nvidia drag the 2080ti through the mud and lie about the 3070 being on par with it?

My issue is that the graph Nvidia put together which was an average of all the games they used to test the new cards with (which you can assume will be selected to show the best improvements) and used both RT and DLSS where the game supported them, only showed the 3070 as being less than 1% faster overall than the 2080ti

Since the 3070 should really have a massive advantage over the 2080ti with DLSS and RT switched on, I can only assume that there are going to be a lot of games where the 3070 might be up to 20% slower than a 2080ti and therefore a 3080 only matches a 2080ti.

So 2080ti really need to upgrade to the new £1500 3090 for any sizeable gain (unless they use RT and DLSS) and thats painful.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm looking forward to seeing in what extraordinary circumstance a "3070 is faster than a 2080TI"

Because there won't be any, if it was that simple there would be no market for the 3080 or the 3090, this goes to show Nvidia is panicking about AMD and I can't wait for 3080ti or whatever it's called because the release price of that will probably be the same as the release price of the current 3080 when that goes live, I just feel it that AMD will have something good to bring this time and will force Nvidia to price down the supers and ti, that's what I'm waiting for.

Associate
Because there won't be any, if it was that simple there would be no market for the 3080 or the 3090, this goes to show Nvidia is panicking about AMD and I can't wait for 3080ti or whatever it's called because the release price of that will probably be the same as the release price of the current 3080 when that goes live, I just feel it that AMD will have something good to bring this time and will force Nvidia to price down the supers and ti, that's what I'm waiting for.

AMD will not release GPU's that are not competitive to the 3xxx series especially when there is such demand.

Associate
AMD will not release GPU's that are not competitive to the 3xxx series especially when there is such demand.

That's what I'm hoping for, or I should rephrase that, that's what I know will be coming hot on the heels of the 30x series for Nvidia to release a super or 3080ti for 6-700 lol, something just doesn't feel right about this release, the fact theres no benchmarks and pre orders opened up last time straight away when the 1080ti was announced from memory which is why I'm being patient this time around.

Back
Top Bottom