• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Lowest 2080ti price - £350

Associate
https://imgur.com/a/ig3EcNb
ig3EcNb

Just managed to nab this, maybe too good to be true but if so I'll get a refund. Thank god for instant alerts.

A bargain if it's genuine. I suspect its fake.

Associate
A bargain if it's genuine. I suspect its fake.

I think the seller probably uploaded at that price by mistake and will refuse to send it, so I'll end up just getting a refund in that case. But you never know, the seller does have 100% feedback. Maybe someone that didn't know what he had in his hands.

UPDATE: The seller appears to be Canadian but is listing the card from Germany. He has also put up another identical listing. Very suss.

Last edited:
Associate
I've sold a few on eBay but I'm always scared that the buyer will try it on and say I have sold them a dodgy card and as eBay always sides with the buyer I would have to refund them, I certainly wouldn't buy or sell from outside the UK incase off any problems where I would need to pay the return postage.

Associate
As others have pointed out, ebay's policy is generally pro-buyer, so in case there are problems not much to worry about from a buyer's point of view. Once I bought a £2.5k antique Bang&Olufson sound system for my mum and there was a problem with the cassette player. Contacted the seller as he said it was unopened but it clearly had been, he was very slow to respond and denied any issues so I opened a dispute. Ebay eventually ruled in my favour and got me all the money back without having to return, and my mum was able to fix the casette player so... win win.

Soldato
a broken clocks right twice a day, most of them are on there because they have issues or are on their way out or been used for mining

Complete rubbish. Where do you think most used hardware gets sold?

Most of my hardware is sold on ebay and I buy loads from there as well.

I suspect you have no experience of ebay.

Soldato
a broken clocks right twice a day, most of them are on there because they have issues or are on their way out or been used for mining

No they aren't and no they haven't, another lazy uninformed baseless generalisation. Like in all wallks of life 99% of people are honest and genuine.

Soldato
We're not all members of the mile high club. For those who aren't ebay can be a good option.
no. it's not a "good" option lol. It's horrendous.
Why not buy off FB marketplace or gumtree, that way you can go the the persons house and see it working and know exactly what you are getting? I've bought plenty second hand hardware that way.

Soldato
Why not buy off FB marketplace or gumtree, that way you can go the the persons house and see it working and know exactly what you are getting? I've bought plenty second hand hardware that way.

Zero after sales protection, that's why.

Exactly how much testing can you do at someone's gaff? excuse me while I stress test this for a few hours, mines two sugars :D problems are not always obvious and with covid you have no chance anyway, social distancing and all that.

Associate

Because Gumtree/FB marketplace have zero buyer protection. How often are you able to get FB/Gumtree punters to take apart the GPU to show the die is genuine, or do TimeSpy and 8 hr Furmark burn in tests while also confirming that all display ports work? On ebay once I get the card I can do all of these things myself and if there are ANY problems I can easily get my money back. In fact, as some of the seller horror stories here will confirm for you, buyers can make up that any old **** is wrong with the card even if untrue and get their money back anyway. It is pro-buyer to a fault.

Permabanned
I just bought a 2080Ti off ebay with waterblock and AIO cooler 280mm (which i dont need and can sell for around 50 or 60 quid) for £460 inc p+p.
Im happy with my purchase. I will buy a 3090 when 4000 series is out as i dont game as much as i used too and im on 1440p so yeah all is good.

Can also sell my Titans for around £250 each as there going for around this without waterblocks.

Associate
I've sold a few on eBay but I'm always scared that the buyer will try it on and say I have sold them a dodgy card and as eBay always sides with the buyer I would have to refund them, I certainly wouldn't buy or sell from outside the UK incase off any problems where I would need to pay the return postage.

This is why I dont sell on ebay anymore anything of value, too many scammers these days and ebay backs them as it has to be pro buyer.

Someone I know sold a faulty laptop for spares and despite the add clearly stating that the buyer filed a claim that it wasnt working and got their money back.

Permabanned
This is why I dont sell on ebay anymore anything of value, too many scammers these days and ebay backs them as it has to be pro buyer.

Someone I know sold a faulty laptop for spares and despite the add clearly stating that the buyer filed a claim that it wasnt working and got their money back.
Not everybody is a scammer, i would not do that because it would come back to bite you on the ass in one way or another...karma...im a big believer and it does work in my experience.

Back
Top Bottom