• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Lowest 2080ti price - £350

Permabanned
a broken clocks right twice a day, most of them are on there because they have issues or are on their way out or been used for mining
As long as it passes Uni Engine Heaven bench and latest 3D Mark (3 loops each) then its fine. If not then you contact the seller and tell them. simples

Associate
Not everybody is a scammer, i would not do that because it would come back to bite you on the ass in one way or another...karma...im a big believer and it does work in my experience.

Doesnt need everyone to be a scammer to lose a big chunk though.

My brother emigrated to Oz a few years ago so sold a load of stuff on Ebay. The amount of people trying to stitch him up was astounding, every valuable item people claiming they were getting their "cousin" to pick it up etc (when they would then claim non delivery etc).

Id sell smaller items on there but these days anything of value Im massively paranoid and rather cash and pick up only, which is limiting.

Karma is fine, but it doesnt come with a money back guarantee :)

Permabanned
Doesnt need everyone to be a scammer to lose a big chunk though.

My brother emigrated to Oz a few years ago so sold a load of stuff on Ebay. The amount of people trying to stitch him up was astounding, every valuable item people claiming they were getting their "cousin" to pick it up etc (when they would then claim non delivery etc).

Id sell smaller items on there but these days anything of value Im massively paranoid and rather cash and pick up only, which is limiting.

Karma is fine, but it doesnt come with a money back guarantee :)

Yea i know what you mean, i guess we can only go on our own experiences :)

G J

G J

Associate
Only had a few problems buying off ebay, someone had purchased a job lot of cards and I was pretty much the tester sadly as I had to get ebay involved to point out the listing he had purchased as he was claiming the cards he was sending where working.

I dont venture in the Members Market much anymore as anything resonable priced in the Members Market get snapped up within minutes of the thread going live, sometimes its a few people that seem to be always building stuff for "friends" or I'm assuming its people flipping stuff for profit. Through most and towards the end of the mining craze this was rife.

If you're prepared to wait or enjoy getting cut off multiple times by a semi-bidding war where people bid close to the asking price by then its easier in some cases to buy it retail or elsewhere.

The wanted section is pretty much dead.

Its one of a few places to check and I like that people can help with RMA/Issues and it well moderated and it seems a safe place to trade stuff but its not the heaven some posters try and portray it to be esp to the members with low post counts. :D

Edit: to keep it on topic as much as people are trashing turing at the moment, if a turing card get posted for sale and its cheep enough all the trashers will be all over it like a dog on heat.

Its like some people have a vested intrest to push the value of turing cards down.;)

Soldato
Was kind of sh...y of NV to be so pleased they are giving you 2080ti performance for such a small price to be fair. Like your reward for supporting ray tracing is to lose money :).

One of my 2080Tis did me a favour by exploding after two years recently and luckily as it’s no longer made I received a Partial refund of £723 (Paid £1049 each originally) which as it turns out is a great outcome... I don’t really have a problem with the resale being lower now either as this is the nature of expensive electronics.

I do find it interesting that for some reason the entire internet has just taken the quoted performance as gospel this time instead of calling NV liars every other launch :D

Soldato
I do find it interesting that for some reason the entire internet has just taken the quoted performance as gospel this time instead of calling NV liars every other launch :D
I laugh my head off if Nvidia came back and said "We were only joking about the new 3070 being as fast or faster then a 2080ti" :D:D:D

Associate
I sold loads of pc stuff on the bay 2003 - 2009, no problems. I think that was heyday. I'm now extremely cynical as a lot of folk see an angle and exploit.

Maybe by 2036 I'll be on the MM, or maybe dead.

Associate
Due to impending shortages I’m seriously considering bartering to try and get my hands on a ROG Strix 2080Ti for around £500 if I can.

I shouldn’t lose too much money on it and I don’t want to go months without a GPU.

Associate
I'll be hanging on to mine, most probably.

But if I was to sell it, then I would wait until we see the actual performance figures for the new cards. Nvidia have told us what to expect, but let's see how it actually drops out when they get put through their paces.

Soldato
Might be the best way to get value out of the 2080Ti is run it into the ground , only when you truly need to upgrade and not because you want to upgrade.

It's a powerful GPU and will run games another two years easily. If you bought it at launch and use it four years that's £300 a year or so.

Associate
I bought a 2080ti for a smidge under £500 today and am happy with that. I'm sure it'll still be worth £400 or close in a couple of months and by then we'll know if 3000's are actually available in good amounts, is there a 12/16GB model etc etc. Everyone selling 2080ti's this last week has left themselves with an inferior placeholder and is going to be sick if 3080's sell out on day 1 and they are stuck with whatever they pulled from their spare parts bin.

It seems to me that an 11GB 2080 Ti now vs a 8GB 3070 hopefully in stock this year is a pretty safe bet.

Associate
Rumours (yeah I know) are that stock will be extremely limited initially. Really surprised at this mad rush to dump 2080ti's. Consider how much value 1080ti owners have had from their cards? Bet they haven't missed rtx either..

Soldato
Rumours (yeah I know) are that stock will be extremely limited initially. Really surprised at this mad rush to dump 2080ti's. Consider how much value 1080ti owners have had from their cards? Bet they haven't missed rtx either..
If it anything like the 2080ti release some these people could be waiting till middle of February to get there new gpu :D:D:D

Associate
I heard/read that 3080 might be fine in certain parts of the world, but 3090's are going to be very rare. I mostly only play older games so even 2080Ti is overkill for me, but £500 seems a good deal just in case I get into cyberpunk.

edit : im sure 3070 >= 2080 Ti with raytracing on, but my guess is < with it turned off

Associate
Due to impending shortages I’m seriously considering bartering to try and get my hands on a ROG Strix 2080Ti for around £500 if I can.

I shouldn’t lose too much money on it and I don’t want to go months without a GPU.

My thoughts exactly. The one I grabbed is only a Palit, but it is such a step up from my previous cards that I can't imagine being unhappy with it.

Back
Top Bottom