Football and the Coronavirus

Caporegime
Clever lads. I would think their actions are being mirrored in their age range across the board.

They might not travel with the squad but I bet Southgate won't throw them under the bus like he should, he's a wet fish. (If its true obviously :p)

Last edited:
Soldato
They're paid so much and being two of the better prospects what can he do? Sure not play them for a bit but beyond that? The dressing down is probably something like out of that TV sitcom. "Now lads, what did I say about not getting caught? FFS... how was it anyway? Got any clips for the team bus? Now, you know the score. You're going to say you're very sorry now off to the naughty step and just don't get caught again next time, okay?"

Soldato
someone tweet this to the England team. I don't have an account...

iceland_turkey__stuffing_roast_dinner_450g_78362.jpg

Caporegime
Conference is on now, Southgate is saying they had no choice but to tell Foden and Greenwood to go home because they breached the guidelines. Saying he's not excusing it whilst excusing it because they're young. They should be being sent home because of the disrespect they've shown the squad, the disrespect they've shown to him as well as the breach of guidelines. But no, he wants to play the 'I had no choice' card - really weak.

As I expected really. Look at the way Lennon came out fuming when similar happened with Celtic, completely different response.

No doubt we'll get a 'We are so sorry' from Foden and Greenwood in due course. Sorry because you got caught and sod all else.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry because you got caught and sod all else.

You never know, they might have caught something while they were at it. There's only so many times you can dip your bucket in the well before you end up with a bit of sludge...

Also if he is married, uh-oh! Mind you Rooney is still married, so maybe not.

Soldato
I get the impression Southgate's management style isn't anywhere near ruthless as it should be. He can send players home/suspend like he has done, but it just seems to happen time and time again; just doesn't seem to be any respect for him from the younger guys, which stinks.

Associate
I get the impression Southgate's management style isn't anywhere near ruthless as it should be. He can send players home/suspend like he has done, but it just seems to happen time and time again; just doesn't seem to be any respect for him from the younger guys, which stinks.

Well what do you expect, it's tier three football after CL and PL. No one cares anymore about it other than for some reason it raises your profile and value. If it wasn't for that they wouldn't even bother turning up. Years and years of players not even bothering for friendlies or games against the likes of Iceland and then playing for their clubs on the saturday. I can get it, if I was the latest wonder kid I'd probably retire from international football before I was picked and concentrate on my club career and have the summers off every year.

Caporegime
They're kids so there has to be some lack of surprise but during a pandemic it's atrocious behaviour. Foden is married too?!?

Mason will be getting a slap round the ear hole from Ole no doubt. Foden is basically married with a kid though. If both fulfill their potential however they could shag a granny whilst positive and get away with it :p.

Caporegime
We see what you did there :D - already said it too: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/posts/33909846

It's true though. Every man and his dog knows well enough that everyone on this forum and the country has broken corona rules in some way or another. England players were animals in Euro 96 but you cannot drop your best players. This is an easy one for Southgate as they are currently fringe players in the England squad.

I can absolutely guarantee Maguire would be starting if he did what he did on the eve of a world cup or euros.

Soldato
It's true though. Every man and his dog knows well enough that everyone on this forum and the country has broken corona rules in some way or another. England players were animals in Euro 96 but you cannot drop your best players. This is an easy one for Southgate as they are currently fringe players in the England squad.

I can absolutely guarantee Maguire would be starting if he did what he did on the eve of a world cup or euros.

Well I havent and I havent had any prostitutes come over when im in a bloody bubble either. There isn't any excusing this...They shouldn't be in any lineups for the foreseeable.

Back
Top Bottom