MSI Motherboard owners, Fan Control?

Associate
you need to set them to a flat line (mine run at about 900rpm till 70C then it goes up to 100%. that way you don't get the ramp up and down. For most things you do unless using most of your CPU power won't put the temps up.

Look at the temps when you do your most intensive activity and adjust them accordingly.

Soldato
you need to set them to a flat line (mine run at about 900rpm till 70C then it goes up to 100%. that way you don't get the ramp up and down. For most things you do unless using most of your CPU power won't put the temps up.

Look at the temps when you do your most intensive activity and adjust them accordingly.
Thanks! This is what I have now:
IMG-20200906-231721.jpg

IMG-20200906-231733.jpg

I'm not sure I fully understand the chart/axis?

Associate
Hi Slipd,

The Y axis is for the temperature, while the X axis represents the fan speed.

Due to how Ryzen 3000 CPUs boots, core temperatures spikes quite a lot. To ease up the fan ramping up and downs, you may want to try:

first dot: steady 30% fan speed until 60C
second dot: 70C temp, 40-45% fan speed.
third dot: 77C temp, 60% fan speed
fourth dot: 82C temp, 75% fan speed
fifth dot: 87C temp, 100% fan speed

Please note that these values are for your reference only. Please also increase step up time so your fans does not immediately ramp up when temperature spikes.

Best regards

Associate
Hi Slipd,

Due to how Ryzen 3000 CPUs boots, core temperatures spikes quite a lot. To ease up the fan ramping up and downs, you may want to try:

Please note that these values are for your reference only. Please also increase step up time so your fans does not immediately ramp up when temperature spikes.

Best regards
You might have to modify the fan speed though for better acoustics depending on what fan you're using.

Soldato
Hi Slipd,

Best regards
Thanks! I'm getting my head around the fan setup now... would have posted back sooner but lost a 4TB hard drive earlier in the week so had to sort that.

Can I ask what you recommend linking your system fans to? At the moment I'm linking them to the 'system temp' - my cpu temp/s are too erratic :rolleyes:

Associate
Thanks! I'm getting my head around the fan setup now... would have posted back sooner but lost a 4TB hard drive earlier in the week so had to sort that.

Can I ask what you recommend linking your system fans to? At the moment I'm linking them to the 'system temp' - my cpu temp/s are too erratic :rolleyes:
CPU temp will always be erratic but if you set the fan curve as above then the fans won't be erratic.

Back
Top Bottom