Advice with Tenda Nova MW6 Mesh setup

Soldato
Ok, to start with I've got Tenda Nova mw6 3 pack setup, I originally got it as I bought ring doorbell and it just couldn't reliably connect to my router (odd that nothing else had an issue connecting too). Ring doorbell works just fine etc and I thought that was it, then my wife started complaining she couldn't print from her phone or ipad, when I checked neither could i it simply didn't see the printer which is connected to router via ethernet. The odd thing is my sons iphone and ipad could see it just fine, eventually I realised he was still connected to the old router wifi (BT Home Hub 6) when I change our devices to that it works just fine, which makes the mesh kind of redundant other than for the ring doorbell, just wondering if I've done something stupid during the setup process with the mesh, when I set it up I just named it the same as my original network ssid and same password, wondering if I should have called it something else?

Soldato
I had a similar problem. Try plugging your printer into the ethernet port on the most convenient mesh unit.

This will work also, as you’re putting everything in the same subnet, but be aware everything will be double NATd. Not always a problem but generally best avoided.

Soldato
OP
Well that worked (changing to bridge), but the issue is now my ring is connected to the node thats furthest away from the door bell, hopefully when the system reboots at 3am it will auto reconnect to the closer one...

Back
Top Bottom