Car stolen in broad daylight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Hi guys

Last year my car was stolen in broad day light during a viewing where we live in Essex. The car was worth around 6k ( and stupidly at the time due to changing cars it was uninsured ). Big mistake on my part I know !

A guy turned up within 20 minutes ( so must have been local ) but I didn't clock that he hadn't come in his own car. Mistake number 2.

Anyway he seemed very normal. No attempts to hide his face or anything of the sort. Asked to reverse the car which I let him do with the key. Mistake number 3.

He then reversed the car and continued to drive off with it.

I know I'm stupid for not having insurance at the time ( it was kept off road and we were not driving it ) but what baffles me is that even with this guy's face caught on cctv and subsequently passed to the police, never ever came of it. How can it be so brazen ? Wouldn't this guy want to cover his identity (?)

As I said this was in broad day light on a sunday afternoon. I have a rough idea which route the car may have taken but the police simply dont have resources to look into the cctv at that junction.

Is there anything further I can do firstly to get some closure and secondly so I dont feel so **** having lost 6k ?

Soldato
Why did you let him reverse your car?

Can you post CCTV on here?

You can insure your car for days worth in emergency situations through cuvva.

Soldato
Last year last lol, and asks for help now... I am starting to think all these 1st time posters are some sort of new Bot type posts, they never reply again, and some how find a computer forum when searching for legal advice on car theft

Caporegime
That's a myth, they waste a LOT of money and resources on pointless stuff like chasing twitter trolls.

Your ignorance is leaking again, someone get the mop pls.

Op: I'm confused, did someone drop him off or something? What car was it? Post up some pictures, let's spread this around.

Soldato
That's a myth, they waste a LOT of money and resources on pointless stuff like chasing twitter trolls.

Please enlighten us with the evidence you have of this that isn't just handpicked tabloid news articles. Which I'm assuming you have? as oppose to the massive government cuts the police have endured and massive reduction in numbers real term and relative to population size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom