Any other Galahad owners ?

Associate
What do you think of it and hows it performing ?

I changed my motherboard and case so I think it would be unfair to compare it too much to my previous setup.

My idle temps seem to fluctuate a fair bit but I think thats just ryzen, I havent noticed it going over 60°C under load which is quite allot cooler than my old quad lumi.

The installation was a bit of a pain, I hate the old AMD mounting system using those hook things. The tubes kept on twisting the cooler before I could tighten the screws popping the clips off.

And sliding the am4 bracket onto the pump it self was quite awkward, it wouldnt lock into place and kept on sliding back off.

But overall I am pretty pleased with it. :cool: It does look really nice.

IMG-20200901-140905.jpg

IMG-20200901-140851.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Very nice; contemplating one of these myself for upcoming Zen 3 build in an o11-d (yeah, the stereotype cookie-cutter...). As such I wonder if You maybe could advise on something the internet thus far has failed; are the supplied fans capable to be set up as pull? And assuming "yes" would that be without looking too ghetto?

Associate
OP
Very nice; contemplating one of these myself for upcoming Zen 3 build in an o11-d (yeah, the stereotype cookie-cutter...). As such I wonder if You maybe could advise on something the internet thus far has failed; are the supplied fans capable to be set up as pull? And assuming "yes" would that be without looking too ghetto?

Im not sure to be honest

:p Im not the best person to ask about fans, in that pic I had the front facing fans the wrong way round, didnt even realise until someone pointed it out to me.

The fans are advertised as high static pressure, from what I recall static pressure fans are good for restricted air flow or where these isnt a gap or they are impreded. Which they would be in a pull configuration.

From research I did watching Gamers nexus videos :D, the radiator in the top as an exhaust seems to be the best configuration.

Associate
Im not sure to be honest

:p Im not the best person to ask about fans, in that pic I had the front facing fans the wrong way round, didnt even realise until someone pointed it out to me.

The fans are advertised as high static pressure, from what I recall static pressure fans are good for restricted air flow or where these isnt a gap or they are impreded. Which they would be in a pull configuration.

From research I did watching Gamers nexus videos :D, the radiator in the top as an exhaust seems to be the best configuration.

Thanks for swift response, man. And no worries!

Yeah, side+bottom intake and top exhaust might end up being "it", as I want positive pressure if possible. I simply worry a tad ahead of time on the impact an FE 3080 may have on CPU thermals with top-exhaust rad.
I believe Corsair's QL fans will do well as intake as they look passable from behind. After a red themed current PC I need my new one to be purple! :p
Time will however tell! Thanks again :)

Associate
Thanks for swift response, man. And no worries!

Yeah, side+bottom intake and top exhaust might end up being "it", as I want positive pressure if possible. I simply worry a tad ahead of time on the impact an FE 3080 may have on CPU thermals with top-exhaust rad.
I believe Corsair's QL fans will do well as intake as they look passable from behind. After a red themed current PC I need my new one to be purple! :p
Time will however tell! Thanks again :)

That's the set up I use in a similarly laid out case (it looks like we're using the same one) - side and bottom are intake (which isn't quite as aesthetically pleasing) with the top being the exhaust. I tried them every which way when I built it but this was clearly the most effective layout (on Intel at least, don't know about AMD).

I do like that Galahad cooler though, the white one would go nicely with my build :)

Associate
That's the set up I use in a similarly laid out case (it looks like we're using the same one) - side and bottom are intake (which isn't quite as aesthetically pleasing) with the top being the exhaust. I tried them every which way when I built it but this was clearly the most effective layout (on Intel at least, don't know about AMD).

I do like that Galahad cooler though, the white one would go nicely with my build :)

Brilliant, thanks for feedback! Leaning more and more towards this setup (barring any nasty surprises with Zen 3 heat dissipation!) but probably with the Lian Li UNI fans for airflow rather than Corsairs :)

Back
Top Bottom