Football and the Coronavirus

Soldato
at least they didn't film it, while making questionable impersonations, and at least Southgate isn't one of their parents so there's no obligation to fire him too. I say at least... no he's still better than Fabio and Big Sam. Though the latter would have used Vardy better so...

Goodness can you imagine Big Sam taking this kind of nonsense?

Soldato
Everyone was on a break, there was no football. These 2 knew they were in a bubble with games coming up and did it anyway. Walker can be an idiot but his case isn't in any way worse.
I'd argue walker was worst (Foden's marital issues aside) as we were in full lockdown then, not the more relaxed circumstances of now.

Man of Honour
^I disagree that Walker's was worse because the 'relaxed circumstances' don't apply under the England bubble. Moreover even leaving aside the England team guidelines, they were fined by police so it can't be that relaxed. Additionally, because we were in lockdown it didn't really have much impact on Walker's team whereas football has now restarted and Foden/Greenwood have to miss England matches.

Presumably with a wife and kid at home this will also be a major distraction for Foden in terms of sorting out his homelife, again undermining his professionalism.

Soldato
I'd argue walker was worst (Foden's marital issues aside) as we were in full lockdown then, not the more relaxed circumstances of now.
Foden was in a bubble...he would have been going back to his teammates in a matter of days. If he had the virus could infect a number of them who infect the opposing team and their team members come the weekend.

Like ive said. Bans need to come in here. Im sick to death of hearing "boys will be boys" all over twitter.

Associate
Presumably with a wife and kid at home this will also be a major distraction for Foden in terms of sorting out his homelife, again undermining his professionalism.

He's not married.

He's just a silly kid who knocked his first **** up at 18. I'm sure he loves his child but the chances of a footballer that young staying together with his profile, zero. Same with Greenwood he looks about 14 with his stick thin arms. It's like an episode of the inbetweeners. I agree there should be bans from international football, but it's just boys being boys. Pep might see it differently losing his mother to covid.

Caporegime
If I was Southgate I wouldn't be picking either for a lengthy period of time, he must be feeling betrayed. At the end of the day it's his decision to have them in the squad, to do what they did and put the entire squad (and everyone else, including the Denmark setup) in danger..... I wouldn't be happy, as i'm sure he isn't. Plus it's more focus on the behaviour of England internationals after the Maguire saga, at least he didn't do that on international duty but still, that's 3 players in the space of a few weeks acting like clowns.

Neither are automatic first choice anyway, let them sweat on their bad decisions for a while.

Man of Honour
OP
I'm annoyed with Greenwood, totally daft doing this when his career is really starting to take off.

Hopefully it won't affect him too much and he'll learn from it.

Associate
I feel most for the parents of the girls, imagine seeing your daughter like the one in the video clip. Basically whoring herself out. I'd be heart broken about my failures if my daughter turned out like that.

Soldato
I feel most for the parents of the girls, imagine seeing your daughter like the one in the video clip. Basically whoring herself out. I'd be heart broken about my failures if my daughter turned out like that.
I've not seen the clip is it that bad? I'd read they just went back to the room and were talking. Is there more going on? (not that it would surprise me if there was tbh)

Back
Top Bottom