How does a guy like this get a girl like that?

Man of Honour
Weird thread... makes me a little uneasy for a number of reasons.

First, putting down the looks of the girl is, as always, just a little crass/uncouth. Appreciate that the OP has invited it but still.

Secondly, the comments re: gold digging. You know how youth in women (i.e. ability to have babies) is attractive to men? Well, having excess money (i.e. being able to provide for children comfortably) is naturally attractive to women. It’s not necessarily a ‘shallow’ thing. It’s human.

Third, the put downs for the bloke are a bit harsh too.

Just an all round bad time!!

YAAA! *whips high horse and flies off into the distance*

Soldato
The Roloffs, They been on those Discovery channels for years. Remember watching them 10+ years ago.

They own a big farm and have loads of business interests so I bet he is not short of a few bob.

Yeah, thought I recognised him from t.v. Little People Big World wasn't it?

Caporegime
I have respect for the little guy

giphyda.gif

Caporegime
If you've ever watched millionaire matchmaker you'll know how shallow and money desperate many women are ...

Likely to be some 40-50 year old guy wanting to pick up a 20 something year old chick, who's willing to go along because guess what, he's a millionaire.

Remove the millions and im pretty sure the reaction would be, 'ewww grosss'

Infact that would make a great show, 'fake millionaire matchmaker...' where the big reveal is the dude is just average Joe poor man.

Soldato
If you've ever watched millionaire matchmaker you'll know how shallow and money desperate many women are ...

Likely to be some 40-50 year old guy wanting to pick up a 20 something year old chick, who's willing to go along because guess what, he's a millionaire.

Remove the millions and im pretty sure the reaction would be, 'ewww grosss'

Infact that would make a great show, 'fake millionaire matchmaker...' where the big reveal is the dude is just average Joe poor man.

yes, it happens all the time. people marry just for the others money. they probably 'love' each other but the money will seal the deal every time

Soldato
OP
Weird thread... makes me a little uneasy for a number of reasons.

First, putting down the looks of the girl is, as always, just a little crass/uncouth. Appreciate that the OP has invited it but still.

YAAA! *whips high horse and flies off into the distance*

I was complimentary towards the girl, where did i invite people to be rude about her?

Man of Honour
I was complimentary towards the girl, where did i invite people to be rude about her?
The very nature of the thread by virtue of its mere existence caused people to judge the individuals in question, hence an ‘invitation to comment’.

It wasn’t a dig, it was just partly explaining why people have felt the need to share their opinions.

Caporegime
Tip for avoiding gold diggers: do what I did and find a woman who earns 3x as much as I do :p

I prefer not to have a vagina thanks.

A guy in my team has a wife who earns pretty much 3 times what he does. And he's so under the thumb the only outlet he has is work and the football. He's an absolute nightmare at team meetings where nobody else is allowed to speak and it's hilarious when some of the women mention anything or make statements he tears them to shreds. All the guys now just sit back and watch the show all you need to do is drop a hand grenade of a topic in and then sit back.

You should see him on nights out that's if he's allowed most of the time he's not. He will drink two pints like it's nothing inside 15 minutes and won't stop there. He gets absolutely mangled and we aren't exactly light drinkers but his pace is frightening.

I once sold him a TV and his wife barely said hello when he came to collect and was telling him to get a move on they had places to be. It's not as if we were taking the pee either literally just getting it off the wall and into the car and a quick 30 second chat.

Maybe your setup is different but it's best men are the main breadwinners. All the women I know that earn more than their husbands are fixated on materialistic things and generally clueless and think very highly of themselves. I'd much rather have a gold digger who l can control.

Permabanned

A guy in my team has a wife who earns pretty much 3 times what he does. And he's so under the thumb the only outlet he has is work and the football. He's an absolute nightmare at team meetings where nobody else is allowed to speak and it's hilarious when some of the women mention anything or make statements he tears them to shreds. All the guys now just sit back and watch the show all you need to do is drop a hand grenade of a topic in and then sit back.

You should see him on nights out that's if he's allowed most of the time he's not. He will drink two pints like it's nothing inside 15 minutes and won't stop there. He gets absolutely mangled and we aren't exactly light drinkers but his pace is frightening.

I once sold him a TV and his wife barely said hello when he came to collect and was telling him to get a move on they had places to be. It's not as if we were taking the pee either literally just getting it off the wall and into the car and a quick 30 second chat.

Maybe your setup is different but it's best men are the main breadwinners. All the women I know that earn more than their husbands are fixated on materialistic things and generally clueless and think very highly of themselves. I'd much rather have a gold digger who l can control.

Ok, so there's a lot to unpack here.

Caporegime

This is very unsettling.

Caporegime

How does your missus feel about all this?

Back
Top Bottom