• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I'm in a bit of quandary what to do, to be frank. I am going to wait for Big Navi regardless, but I have a 3600 on a B450 Tomahawk Max, and a 5700xt. Do I stick with the 3600 and upgrade the GPU, then wait for AM5 to give me a good path? Or do I wait for Zen 3, and hope the beta bios on the Max is good to allow Zen 3, but then be stuck for path due to AM5 coming? And of course, we don't know if PCIE4 will reap a benefit with these cards. My guess would be no, but I'm not 100% sure. The MAX is only pcie3

Bit of a quandary really. The 3600 and 5700xt is serving me well, but I always want that extra performance.
Definitely stick with the CPU and motherboard and upgrade the GPU, then upgrade to Zen 3 if you need to once it's out.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
No that cannot be true he said he wasn't getting on it, never mind driving it.:p
It happens slowly with him, he has not even realised that he has boarded the train, never mind the fact he has made his way from the back to the front carriage. I am telling ya, there is a good chance he will join Cat and LeFuryOn in the driver’s carriage, then eventually chuck them out and take full control of the hype train and wreck it like last time :p:D

Associate
Massive RT performance gain is what they said. Which I believe.
However at 320w I'd be expecting a better than 20% raw performance uplift.

EDIT: I think they're going all in on RT, which leads me to belive that AMD right up there on raw FPS

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Well lets see how much they OC. Still though, no matter how much you OC the 2080Ti it won't reach 3080 Stock and the RT and DLSS will blow the 2080Ti out of the water, all for half the price. Lol :D

I will wait for tech jesus and hardware unboxed to do a review :)

Soldato
That's stuck now, hasn't it :p
I am telling ya, there is a good chance he will join Cat and LeFuryOn in the driver’s carriage
Bitch please, I'm already there front and centre on top of the carriage yelling "suck on this!" riding reins and popcorn in hand :D. So when the train inevitably derails turns into the utter wreck, I'll ride that crash hard and go out in most spectacular fashion.

Actually, I'll probably just say "so Sony's engineers were right after all: they can build a Radeon GPU better than Radeon. Ah well, there's always RDNA 3 ;)" I'm enjoying the hype train, I always do, but it's never the end of the word if/when the hype train derails. I'm not actually all that bothered with the products themselves, it's the spectators and commenters that drive me to distraction, swearing and suspensions :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
That's stuck now, hasn't it :p

Bitch please, I'm already there front and centre on top of the carriage yelling "suck on this!" riding reins and popcorn in hand :D. So when the train inevitably derails turns into the utter wreck, I'll ride that crash hard and go out in most spectacular fashion.

Actually, I'll probably just say "so Sony's engineers were right after all: they can build a Radeon GPU better than Radeon. Ah well, there's always RDNA 3 ;)" I'm enjoying the hype train, I always do, but it's never the end of the word if/when the hype train derails.
Hahahaahaha :D;)

Associate
There goes that massive performance increase Nvidia claimed.

Imagine.... the marketing dies off with truths

Massive RT performance gain is what they said. Which I believe.
However at 320w I'd be expecting a better than 20% raw performance uplift.

EDIT: I think they're going all in on RT, which leads me to belive that AMD right up there on raw FPS

Yea 11 games and counting for Rt as far.
Console with amd hardware will create the mainstream ray tracing with Big Dog Navi support.

Yea Big Dog navi is fast

Since ppl here are found off napkin math, adoretv did some to based on console

https://www.adoredtv.com/what-the-n...-about-how-big-navi-will-compete-with-ampere/

Soldato
It happens slowly with him, he has not even realised that he has boarded the train, never mind the fact he has made his way from the back to the front carriage. I am telling ya, there is a good chance he will join Cat and LeFuryOn in the driver’s carriage, then eventually chuck them out and take full control of the hype train and wreck it like last time :p:D
Lolwut? I think many of you hyped Polaris - I said it was going to be around R9 290/R9 390 level for weeks, maybe even Fury level in cherry picked games.A number of you argued with me how I must've been nuts AMD would sell such a poor card,etc. I can find the posts if you want.
AMD hinted at it and Chinese leaks said the same. Then you guys said it was faster than the Fury X and believed the beast mode RX480 news.

The same happened with Vega - I told you guys a lot of leaks indicated it was at best GTX1080 performance perhaps a bit better at best,and all of you were moaning at me saying it must be GTX1080Ti level,etc.

Also not sure how me saying a 56cu part might be launching first is a hype train? Or saying an 80CU part should be faster then an RTX2080TI or get close to an RTX3080 providing there isn't a problem. If it isn't then RDNA 2 scaling is worse than RDNA!

Don't get me mixed up with other people. I am not hyping it. Because if AMD can't even match a 398MM2 104 die Nvidia GPU or get close to a 17% disabled 102 die with a 500mm2 GPU on a better process node,they have a big problems.

Last edited:
Soldato
What about the digital foundry video that shows 70-80% increase from a 2080 in modern games?
70-80% is not the double that Nvidia claim. Also, there's some confusing nuances with the comparisons like DLSS always on but compared to both on and off, ray tracing turned off in formerly ray tracing poster child games, and that sort of thing. There's obfuscating of actual performance numbers going on to bring the big marketing numbers to prominence.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Lolwut? I think many of you hyped Polaris - I said it was going to be around R9 290/R9 390 level for weeks, maybe even Fury level in cherry picked games.A number of you argued with me how I must've been nuts AMD would sell such a poor card,etc. I can find the posts if you want.
AMD hinted at it and Chinese leaks said the same. Then you guys said it was faster than the Fury X and believed the beast mode RX480 news.

The same happened with Vega - I told you guys a lot of leaks indicated it was at best GTX1080 performance perhaps a bit better at best,and all of you were moaning at me saying it must be GTX1080Ti level,etc.

Also not sure how me saying a 56cu part might be launching first is a hype train? Or saying an 80CU part should be faster then an RTX2080TI or get close to an RTX3080 providing there isn't a problem. If it isn't then RDNA 2 scaling is worse than RDNA!

Don't get me mixed up with other people. I am not hyping it. Because if AMD can't even match a 104 die Nvidia GPU or get close to a 17% disabled 102 die with a 500mm2 GPU on a better process node,they have a big problems.
I think you are getting yourself mixed up with other people actually. I was clearly talking about humbug, not you. Others understood this ;)

Your name was only mentioned in there as from what I can see it is you and lefuryon that are very pro big navi (relative to others). No, I am not calling you a AMD fanboi, yes I know you have had a few nvidia cards lately, just saying what I am seeing for this release :D

Soldato
Just an FYI for those who may not have seen it, it seems like the series X will be £499. Thats is a lot of hardware for that price.
Hopefully AMD comes along with a cost efficient desktop solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom