• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: is there a poll thread on which card people buying - poll added

Will you be purchasing one of the new NVidia cards or waiting for AMD to decide!

• RTX 3090

Votes: 42 11.3%
  • RTX 3080

Votes: 149 39.9%
  • RTX 3070

Votes: 23 6.2%
  • Waiting for AMD to release before I decide

Votes: 137 36.7%
  • Nothing

Votes: 22 5.9%

• Total voters
Associate
I wonder if covid will have a impact on people willing to spend on luxury items like GPU's, I'm sure a lot off people have been impacted financial and may have more important priorities to spend there cash on because of it.

But some people are better off due to not having to pay massive fuel bills for commuting to work and not drinking and eating out.

Associate
2080 for me to replace my 1080. Was going to sell my 1080 but now looking to replace my nephews 1070 with my 1080 as well as upgrading his cpu and then using those parts to build a pc for my niece.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I am actually excited to see what you get :D
Haha. The best would be if I end up with an AMD card. That would right **** JediFragger off. He can't stand it that I have a G-Sync monitor and a RX 580, just does not compute, causes his system to crash :p

Edit: Don’t worry guys, the only way I can see me not going nvidia this time is if benchmarks come in and it turns out nvidia lied about performance numbers. But I can’t see that happening, I mean DF had a 3080 and the performance numbers they gave were very promising.

Last edited:
Associate
Same as the other poll really before the announcement, the most popular was the £500-750 range. And it's nice to see people actually willing to wait it out too.

Just getting a 3070 for now so I can play around with a Ampere card.
Plus I need my old 1080ti to go into another build I'm doing and selling off.

I will upgrade to a more powerful 3080 20Gb or a RDNA2 card at a later date.
After the dust settles and all the reviews are in.

Soldato
My plan is to order a 3080 on release day but I know 1000's of others will be too so my chances of getting one are pretty slim. By the time the second batch comes in we should have some AMD news so I guess I can reassess in that time.

Associate
Waiting for AMD, I am not buying a 8/10GB near the year 2021, especially when I purchased a 8GB R9 390 back in 2015 for under £300. Im sure AMD will bring more VRAM to the table, Nvidia may release Ti/Super equilavents later on. I will look for a 16GB card minimum, these new nvidia cards may be next gen, the performance is no doubt next gen but the VRAM is not.

Back
Top Bottom