Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
It’s the standard 245. Was originally looking at the estate version but couldn’t find a decent one with the packs this one came with at the same price point.

Has a black V on the badge, which would suggest it's the earlier higher spec version rather than the later 'standard' ones - does it have the sports dials on the infotainment?

Soldato
Visiting my parents, took a quick drive around the area (near Thetford).

6gm0Ajc.jpg

Fans of Dad's Army might recognise the area ...apparently they filmed some of the outdoor scenes on this stretch of road.

Last edited:
Associate
That Evo 6 and A7 are two striking cars quite at opposite ends of the spectrum. :cool:

New car day for me, went for a 70’s Disco...

K0eFVyd.jpg

2020 Facelift Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE R-Dynamic with Ivory Windsor leather.
D240 engine with MHEV and also gets the clever GKN active rear diff that moves torque across rear wheels.

Yulong white, black roof and black pack but stuck with the standard 20” wheels - not sure if black wheels would have worked better but then I hate the gloss black wheel option I had.

qaPZiYq.jpg
j66zpXO.jpg
pk2P9Zz.jpg
R56sJOj.jpg
b8MbVsD.jpg
zubSMxV.jpg
gDDzz5I.jpg
2 extra seats under there.

FyzU6ji.jpg

Hoping it grows on me a bit as it’s a bit of change from the Evoque but wanted to try something a big bigger.
It was built in Feb but obviously handovers all stopped so managed to get it registered for today.

Only last week a pretty large range of MY21 updates were launched for Discovery Sport and Evoque : new PIVI infotainment, revised trims and updated/improved engine lineup... basically it’s already out of date!

How do you find the gearbox, I'm not a fan of the 9 speed?

The heated steering wheel and Meridian sound system make them a nice place to be though.

Soldato
How do you find the gearbox, I'm not a fan of the 9 speed?

still new but I don’t mind them now, sometimes it’s prudent to set the gears for roundabouts or just drop to S to avoid the usual auto shuffling if you are on it, smooth changes and will cut the engine before stopping the car with restart through the MHEV system is far far better. 2020MY updates with the new front end structure, revised engine mounts and solid mounted subframe have really improved the driving and NVH of the car.

It’s similar in that regard to the Evoque however this is D240 so twin turbo feels more linear anyway. I’ve also noticed the car is more adjustable on the throttle - D240 gets activedriveline, that rear diff works well to help rotate the car rather than waiting for the tyres to load up.

Last edited:
Associate
still new but I don’t mind them now, sometimes it’s prudent to set the gears for roundabouts or just drop to S to avoid the usual auto shuffling if you are on it, smooth changes and will cut the engine before stopping the car with restart through the MHEV system is far far better. 2020MY updates with the new front end structure, revised engine mounts and solid mounted subframe have really improved the driving and NVH of the car.

It’s similar in that regard to the Evoque however this is D240 so twin turbo feels more linear anyway. I’ve also noticed the car is more adjustable on the throttle - D240 gets activedriveline, that rear diff works well to help rotate the car rather than waiting for the tyres to load up.

The D240 really is the best engine and doesn't feel like your "typical" diesel, as I sort of mentioned in my previous post, the autobox is a difficult one with all the different modes. Putting the adaptive cruise on and just leaving it to its own devices is great for a motorway journey as it'll just sit there in 9th, the type of car I suppose isn't really meant for spirited driving on country roads, even in S I've found they don't always know what gear to go in, almost like it has too many gears to choose from. I suspect as you pointed out though, putting into S to avoid the auto shuffling is handy to also stop the delay between gears.

Firenze Red was the colour I like'd across all the JLR range, but white does seem to be becoming the most popular and probably the colour I prefer.

I test drove a Velar on the weekend and whilst I have no interest in diesels, that D240 seems like a really nice engine. Quite punchy and revvy.

I prefer the SDV8, sadly though that engine isn't available in either!

Soldato
Firenze Red was the colour I like'd across all the JLR range, but white does seem to be becoming the most popular and probably the colour I prefer.

I prefer the SDV8, sadly though that engine isn't available in either!

I couldn’t make my mind up between the two, and kinda wish I had gone for red now - white seems to give the car a lot of visual mass now the wheel arch cladding is body coloured. Im lucky it won’t fuss me for too long anyway but Atleast Yulong is metallic and has quite a strong blue hue to it.

The D300 is epic in F Pace or Velar. I’m hoping for even better from the facelift...

Back
Top Bottom