Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Posted in the EV thread as well.

It was great to finally collect the Vauxhall Corsa-e this morning (on World EV Day no less!). We have finally gone electric!

It has a 100kw (136ps) motor enabling a 0-60 time of 7.6 seconds, and a 50kw battery giving 200 miles of range and can be charged at up to 100kw on a rapid charger.

EhefLhFWAAI6oLU

EhefLhQXYAYaK1h

EhefLhQXkAAIyIu

This is the Elite Nav model, which is very well specified indeed. Kit includes Nav, heated seats and steering wheel, 17” wheels, two large screens, panoramic camera, keyless start/start, and LED matrix lights.

:)

Last edited:
Soldato
I take it this one is based on Peugeot underpinnings? The previous gen Corsa was beginning to look really tired.

Yes, same CMP platform as the 208. A new Opel-based Corsa was nearly completed when PSA purchased Opel, and the decision was made to cancel the replacement Corsa and put one on the PSA CMP platform (to save ongoing costs). Pretty rapid development work I believe!

This car bears so little resemblance to the old Corsas that you could argue that it could have had a new name. :)

Caporegime
Looks alright that. Definite styling improvement. Over any of the ones that pre-ceeded it in fact.

Oh, and token "my condolences" for buying a(nother) Vauxhall also. But its OK the rest of your cars make up for it. :D

How does the interior look?

Soldato
Posted in the EV thread as well.

It was great to finally collect the Vauxhall Corsa-e this morning (on World EV Day no less!). We have finally gone electric!

It has a 100kw (136ps) motor enabling a 0-60 time of 7.6 seconds, and a 50kw battery giving 200 miles of range and can be charged at up to 100kw on a rapid charger.

This is the Elite Nav model, which is very well specified indeed. Kit includes Nav, heated seats and steering wheel, 17” wheels, two large screens, panoramic camera, keyless start/start, and LED matrix lights.

:)

That’s a very smart looking car!!

Soldato
Daylight opening graphic, belt line swoop up the rear door to the black roof, both rear doors carrying a small sixth light. Similar proportion between C pillar and short “dumpy” overhang. Similar bonnet shut line from the clamshell bonnet and ultimately the initial blue with and black wheels, similar wheel arch flat and the colour tone change along the body fuselage with the light catcher.

I’d like to say I think similar to you that they are nothing alike, but then we would all be wrong.

Caporegime
Talk about clutching at straws!

Would it have been so hard to give it a quick Google and concede that they don't look as much alike as you first thought I wonder..?

That is a rhetorical question.

Last edited:
Soldato
No. Was using my memory. I don’t need Google to tell me about car design! Nor you trying to fact check my subjective opinion. :confused:

jeez this forum has got awfully tiring recently. Let me know when you actually do anything other than bodge cars. Done.:rolleyes:

Caporegime
No. Was using my memory. I don’t need Google to tell me about car design! Nor you trying to fact check my subjective opinion. :confused:

jeez this forum has got awfully tiring recently. Let me know when you actually do anything other than bodge cars. Done.:rolleyes:

To me it just looks like you can't stand being wrong. You used your memory at first, but then after looking at a picture of the car and realising they don't look anything alike, you decided to post the picture and draw some feeble comparisons in an attempt to show that you were right all along. :p

Even the features you drew specific attention to don't look alike. The rear side-window line is completely different, one has a hofmeister kink and the other doesn't. The bonnet line on one continues in a perfect straight line, on the other it curves upwards towards the windscreen. The rest of the similarities you named are found on almost every car made in the last 15 years.

Stop flirting with me, I wasn’t looking for endorsement. expecting to be challenged by a peasant without an engineering degree.

FTFY. ;)

I bodge cars, you're an egotist with poor eyesight, we all have our things Jonny!

Last edited:
Soldato
To me it just looks like you can't stand being wrong. You used your memory at first, but then after looking at a picture of the car and realising they don't look anything alike, you decided to post the picture and draw some feeble comparisons in an attempt to show that you were right all along. :p

Even the features you drew specific attention to don't look alike. The rear side-window line is completely different, one has a hofmeister kink and the other doesn't. The bonnet line on one continues in a perfect straight line, on the other it curves upwards towards the windscreen. The rest of the similarities you named are found on almost every car made in the last 15 years.

FTFY. ;)

I bodge cars, you're an egotist with poor eyesight, we all have our things Jonny!

to think you used to throw your toys out if the park when people disagreed with your opinions, lol

Caporegime
to think you used to throw your toys out if the park when people disagreed with your opinions, lol

Slowly changing...

Anyway I could say an Opel Senator looks like a Ferarri 348 because they both have four silver wheels and a roof.

It might be my opinion, but it is still a wildly inaccurate statement. :p

Soldato
Slowly changing...

Anyway I could say an Opel Senator looks like a Ferarri 348 because they both have four silver wheels and a roof.

It might be my opinion, but it is still a wildly inaccurate statement. :p

Hmm

I think you need to go back and read the original statement.

Back
Top Bottom