Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Caporegime
$75, easy. Just kidding, but that is one of my targets. I see it as low probability but possible? certainly. Targets I have in mind atm are around $200, $150 and $75. Not just random numbers, $75 comes from market psychology and understanding the main participants. Realistically I'd be a bit surprised if it fell below $180
Not just bearish though as also have a $750 target but that's looking less likely atm.

75? No way surely?
Id be surprised at 200.i think too many people want in for it to go to even 200. But you never know.

Soldato
It would need everyone to want its battery tech. Then, the value would explode. But that would take a monumental step in actual battery technology

That's pretty much the opposite of their existing business model. Like Apple, Tesla uses their technology in their own products, but don't become a vendor for others. You won't see Tesla batteries in Toyota or BMW cars.

There are also many competitors to Tesla in battery technology with different focuses (larger car batteries are designed quite differently from phone and laptop batteries, even though they're all Li-on). Building the best battery for a car is very different to building the best battery for a phone or AR glasses.

Soldato
I like Spotify. Though I do feel iv missed the boat. It’s 5% down yesterday so I can buy tomorrow at a ‘discount’ assuming it doesn’t shoot up first thing in the morning. Which it will due to today’s leak about them adding extra features.

Disney + is doing well and it’s a house hold brand but I can’t see how Disney can be worth nearly as much as they were pre covid with parks closed/quiet and retail sales down.

Spotify is quoted on the NYSE which was closed yesterday, there was no trading.

75? No way surely?
Id be surprised at 200.i think too many people want in for it to go to even 200. But you never know.

$75 isn't crazy far fetched but it is low. It would put is at a similar level to Pre-covid (bear in mind the stock split)

As for battery tech. What battery tech? Tesla take Panasonic cells and water cool them. Sure they make a BMS but so can anyone.

Soldato
$75 isn't crazy far fetched but it is low. It would put is at a similar level to Pre-covid (bear in mind the stock split)

Exactly and it's not like they've particularly done anything special since covid kicked in to justify the huge boost. I'd argue it's very possible for it to drop down to those levels, especially if the market suffers in general once governments stop handouts.

Soldato
Getting hammered on Greggs. Brought with my heart, not my head. Again, love the product, cheap fast food. And warm food is a win in winter. BUT the majority of their stores are in towns and cities. Retail footfall is dying and no one is rushing back to the offices.

Not sure when you bought in, but there’s been a pretty good rebound to £14-15 recently, so hope you are not too far off break even.

I feel I must bring something to your attention re: their estate. “With respect to customer type, Greggs is not overly exposed, versus its peers, to the non/slow return of office-based workers back to their offices post lockdowns. Just 5% of the customer base works in the finance, legal and IT professions, where a return to the office appears unlikely in the near term. The majority of the customer base is either unable to work from home due to the nature of their jobs, ie those employed in health, retail, education, manufacturing etc, or are students, retired or not employed.”

Not that this is to bring any necessary comfort, but thought it worth mentioning.

Should say, that is from the Edison broker note of 05.08.2020.

Caporegime
Accounting for the split, Tesla was under $75 just in March. They could very well be there next March.
That's pretty much the opposite of their existing business model. Like Apple, Tesla uses their technology in their own products, but don't become a vendor for others. You won't see Tesla batteries in Toyota or BMW cars.

There are also many competitors to Tesla in battery technology with different focuses (larger car batteries are designed quite differently from phone and laptop batteries, even though they're all Li-on). Building the best battery for a car is very different to building the best battery for a phone or AR glasses.

I assumed that Tesla was into all battery tech?

Phones, cars, homes etc etc. If this isn't the case I'd say they are highly over valued.

I assumed it was an objective/ambition to discover or improve the battery to such an extent that they would monopolise the market?

Obviously I would have researched before buying.

If this isn't the case, I cannot see how that can be this highly valued?
Look at amazon, they have their fingers in every pie.their value is justified

Soldato
I assumed that Tesla was into all battery tech?

Phones, cars, homes etc etc. If this isn't the case I'd say they are highly over valued.

I assumed it was an objective/ambition to discover or improve the battery to such an extent that they would monopolise the market?

Obviously I would have researched before buying.

If this isn't the case, I cannot see how that can be this highly valued?
Look at amazon, they have their fingers in every pie.their value is justified

The battery is a joint venture between them and Panasonic, and is pretty much focused on cars, homes and the grid (large batteries), rather than smaller ones for consumer electronics. Tesla is moving to make their own batteries at some point in the future though.

Current valuation is mostly because people and investors are treating Tesla as a tech stock rather than an Auto industry stock. A lot of investors (Softbank included) did the same for WeWork, treated them as a tech stock rather than a simple property rental company. Not in any way suggesting that Tesla is as awful as WeWork though, but rather just pointing out investor sentiments.

Caporegime
The battery is a joint venture between them and Panasonic, and is pretty much focused on cars, homes and the grid (large batteries), rather than smaller ones for consumer electronics. Tesla is moving to make their own batteries at some point in the future though.

Current valuation is mostly because people and investors are treating Tesla as a tech stock rather than an Auto industry stock. A lot of investors (Softbank included) did the same for WeWork, treated them as a tech stock rather than a simple property rental company. Not in any way suggesting that Tesla is as awful as WeWork though, but rather just pointing out investor sentiments.

Really useful, thanks.

Soldato
Waited for the drop this morning and bought into FirstGroup PLC - Soared yesterday on talk of USA arm being purchased, dropped this morning back to similar levels.

Down around 70% on it's 52 week high. Think there is plenty of potential as people return to work over the next 6-12 months they may pick up other contracts. Long term hold for me - nothing short term on this one.

Also purchase https://www.vaneck.com/uk/en/library/fact-sheets/espo-fact-sheet - VanEck Vectors Video Gaming and eSports UCITS ETF

Top 10 holdings include Nvidia/AMD/Nintendo/EA/Activsion etc - Again long term hold.

Soldato
So, here's an example of something said earlier. Note that this is not a prediction or any kind of advice, just an example how, if we're in bubble territory, how it could unfold. I'm not just picking on Tesla :) but it's the clearest example atm, with such a massive run up to the high, but other stocks are of course similar. And as said previously, I still have a higher price in mind too, should it reverse from here.

Anatomy of a market bubble vs the weekly Tesla price. I'd be less concerned about schematic matching. I've only quickly knocked this up but the dotted line in the blue channel actually lines up close to my $75 mentioned earlier. Unfortunately I cropped it without the price axis showing. Not an expert, or even fond of technical analysis. Falling into the blue channel would create a nice long term entry especially, albeit probably at a more relaxed pace and with risks still attached (as always). Greed and delusion have been quite evident on social media as has Tesla mania

bubble.jpg
Tesla.jpg

Last edited:
Don
:D

Got to suspect that there's an almighty crash coming at some point, the central banks have printed so much money thinking Covid was going to be a complete economic catastrophe and it's not really turned out as bad as predicted.

Soldato
been coming for a while tbh, this is always an interesting graph to look at regarding the purchasing power of the dollar.

hCGYZ3r.jpeg.png

America has been in the position of being able to export its inflation because the dollar is the worlds reserve currency. FI's, MM's and CB's all reduce the supply because of that..

Soldato
Does anyone here mess around with leveraged shares? I don't mean CFDs but listed leveraged shares such as 2TSL, 2AMD etc...

The instrument seems like a strange one to me. Aren't things like this the reason Berkshire Hathaway issued Class B shares. To stop people doing it with their Class A shares that are in the hundreds of thousands of dollar range.

Back
Top Bottom