• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
The Xbox Series S Digital Edition is £250 with Directx Raytracing and plays all the Xbox S games - okay its a bit of a cut down Xbox S with not the full fat spec but you can see how that against a £650 GPU looks so you can see how the conclusion of consoles offer better value.

Games however are more expensive, and the advantage with PC is that in addition to playing modern titles, it's backwards compatible right all the way back to the origins of computer games, with emulation, sites like GOG and source ports.

Permabanned
Associate
@GIGA-Man

I have a Gigabyte rtx 2080 with a 4 year warranty (will be 2 years old at xmas) I am experiencing much higher temps than usual with the fans kicking into full throttle when the card hits 82 degrees. Should I send this in for RMA or can i replace the thermal paste without voiding my warranty?

It would be best if we RMA it, if you do it yourself and there is any physical damage or too much thermal paste for example it will void your warranty. If you want it done, mail me at [email protected] and I'll get it sorted for you directly, make sure to mention this conversation in your e-mail.

Soldato
A little off topic.

But seen a few folks mention lg cx oled.

Was thinking of getting one along with the 3080. Coming from an 1080ti

If anyone can PM me, just wanted to know what it's like for gaming and using one as a monitor.

Gaming nothing will touch it. I have a 55” E8 and it’s on another level to any tv or monitor out there. Picture quality, hdr, clarity is stunning. I’d imagine it’s even better with 4k 120hz (mine is limited to 4k 60 or 1080p 120 however it just gets used with a controller as it’s a decent distance away).

Burn is a possibility and for me personally I’ve put probably the same amount of gaming and tv/film hours without any issues. So ideally it’s use really needs to be at least varied to some degree.

I’d be a little worried running one 24/7 as a monitor unless you plan varied use, however I have considered getting a 48” for just that. Little to big for my setup though I think.

Soldato
Eagle is the a updated and replacement for the Windforce brand, which will be our entry level cards, the Gaming OC is a higher segment with higher clocks. Not able to give you more specific detail than that for now but hope it answers your question.
Okay, thanks. :)

For the record, so far I found out that it has a bios switch extra and obviously slightly different design (more RGB etc). I will wait for reviews to see if there's any heatsink & power-limit differences also.

Soldato
Do we have confirmation on time of pre-orders for the FE?
Jayz2cent spoke about this yesterday on one of his latest videos and said there will be no pre-orders. When the 17th comes, that's when they'll go live and you can purchase then. Dunno whether he's chatting **** or he has actual sources to confirm this.

Associate
Point is those 28 billion transistors doesnt appear to be giving double the performance of the 13.8billion.

It never does, its not a 1:1 gain so just doubling there count does not mean it will double performance and it never does.
Its all about the efficiency of using the transistors in a way that get you the best ipc gain and they have increased that while keeping power as low as possible 320w vs 225w with a good uplift per clock on a new process is not that bad.

Associate
Jayz2cent spoke about this yesterday on one of his latest videos and said there will be no pre-orders. When the 17th comes, that's when they'll go live and you can purchase then. Dunno whether he's chatting **** or he has actual sources to confirm this.

Interesting....Do we know if it's at midnight on the 17th or 2pm like other stockists?

Associate
It would be best if we RMA it, if you do it yourself and there is any physical damage or too much thermal paste for example it will void your warranty. If you want it done, mail me at [email protected] and I'll get it sorted for you directly, make sure to mention this conversation in your e-mail.

Thanks for the reply, I will rma it in that case. I have read a few reports of this exact issue with the fans ramping up to 4000 rpm when the card hits 82 degrees so it may well be more than a termal paste issue causing the issue. I will drop you an email today. Thanks again

Soldato
xbox and PS dont excite me in the least. I have no intrest in playing them. 99% of the games are avalible and better on PC. I wouldnt buy one if it was £50.
The switch on the other hand, I love my switch.

Soldato
NVIDIA To Tackle Big Navi ‘AMD RDNA 2’ GPUs With AMP’d Up GeForce RTX 3060, GeForce RTX 3070 & GeForce RTX 3080 Graphics Cards

While these two cards have the same names as the standard variants, don't expect similar pricing at all. The GeForce RTX 3070 with double the memory (16 GB) could end up close to the pricing of the GeForce RTX 3080. The GeForce RT 3080 with 20 GB could end up between $799-$899. These two cards aren't meant to replace the ones that are initially announced but rather offer a step-up in terms of memory and possibly even better core specs, at higher prices. The rumor that NVIDIA is going to adjust the prices of existing cards to make way for newer variants is untrue.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-ampd-up...rce-rtx-3070-geforce-rtx-3080-graphics-cards/

Soldato
xbox and PS dont excite me in the least. I have no intrest in playing them. 99% of the games are avalible and better on PC. I wouldnt buy onw if it was £50.
The switch on the other hand, I love my switch.

Actually I've grown fond of my kids switch especially as you can <Ashooooo> it, er excuse me dont know where that came from. Playing Final Fight on my 43" TV is cool. Also play this fighting game off the EShop which is quite fun that was free. Sorry off topic.

NVIDIA To Tackle Big Navi ‘AMD RDNA 2’ GPUs With AMP’d Up GeForce RTX 3060, GeForce RTX 3070 & GeForce RTX 3080 Graphics Cards

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-ampd-up...rce-rtx-3070-geforce-rtx-3080-graphics-cards/

This is why its silly to get one at launch. They always do it, super last time, the above this time. New tactics for Nvidia, dont bother reducing the price when AMD show their offering, just bring out a "super" version to kill off AMD (and pee off early Nvidia 3xxx adopters which they dont care about as they already got your cash suckers :p)

Back
Top Bottom