• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
It won’t. Why would it... the whole point of the design is that it’s feature set is identical to the Series X, they’ll simply scale resolution and frame rate down accordingly.

But developers need a reason to justify the extra expense of developing more technically challenging games if only a small percentage of the xbox user base buy a series x. I guess they have the PS5 specs as a consistent to justify it, the pc market as well to some extent but again the high end machines are only small part of the market.

Or is the series x literally just for 4k and higher framerates

Soldato
But developers need a reason to justify the extra expense of developing more technically challenging games if only a small percentage of the xbox user base buy a series x. I guess they have the PS5 specs as a consistent to justify it, the pc market as well to some extent but again the high end machines are only small part of the market.

Or is the series x literally just for 4k and higher framerates

Nail on head in that last sentence. The games can be the same across both S and X, just with dynamic resolution scaling. That’s precisely why they feature the same cpu, gpu feature set and nvme storage.

Soldato
It's a clever move by Microsoft as they know spending will be down this coming year due to job losses and financial uncertainty, so I see a lot of kids getting a Series S even if they want the Series X or PS5.

Be interesting to see how it hinders improvements in games though if the main user base for Xbox has the lower hardware spec.
It will be similar to the way PC games are scaled up or down depending on the GPU capabilities etc....
The Series s will be able to handle everything the X will do just at a lower resolution. It will handle 1440p at up to 120fps. Still can do Ray Tracing etc. So games will still look great.

Caporegime
Looks like an old walkie talkie.

oldwalkietalkie.jpg

Man of Honour
You don't know that at all. By all acpunts its the same cpu just with less RAM and a slightly lower spec GPU. I'm sure its going to be very capable

Yes it is very capable, just very clearly not for next gen 3D titles at 1440p120.

No one should be expecting that level of performance for next gen 3D titles on the Series S, and I think that it’s important not to fool yourself or others with unrealistic expectations.

I expect 120Hz next gen 3D titles to cap out at native 1440p on the Series X, and definitely not on the Series S.

Associate
This is my worry. or that the framerates get pretty bad on the series S after a few years and more graphically demanding games come out.

Exactly, The Coalition released a new Escape map on Gears 5 and it makes the framerate tank on a Xbox one X. No way would I risk one of these unless it was a for my kids. I think this is priced excellently but don't expect it to have any longevity.

Soldato
Can people stop comparing the X with the S. The Series S is the next step for those who bought the One S. You're not pushing 4K on one of these consoles outside of media playback. Nice to finally have some news though. That's the sort of pricing that a lot of people will be comfortable with.

Back
Top Bottom