• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Soldato
What you think guys. How much % will be faster rtx 3090 than 2080 ti ?

Lets put this in sensible terms. From what we have seen and with a pinch of salt, on the 3080 worst case games may be equal, but the card costs ~£500 less than the 2080ti, so its a win for those that didn't buy a 2080ti (or offloaded it for decent money).
In games that make use of RTX and DLSS - which is most of what Digital Foundry's video was using (same as Nvidia) and they reported mostly around 70%+ faster in 4k.
If you don't have a 2080S or Ti and have £650+ you are prepared spend on a video card upgrade, its a no brainer ;)
There are some bemoaning "only" 10gb vram, but I feel it won't be an issue for a couple of years or so.

Pure guesswork, but I reckon the 3090 will have maybe 15-20% over a 3080 in performance.

My only doubt is how good the FE cooling will be, because I think these are going to run a chunk hotter than the 20xx series cards.

Soldato
Its midnight for the FE isnt it? So stay up and order an FE on the 17th at 12.01 and then order from OCUK at 2pm. Keep the one which arrives first.

Why is it midnight here :confused: Would it not be in a suitable time in PDT where Nvidia is based as cant see them doing regional launches, or will they?

Caporegime
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom