• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Lowest 2080ti price - £350

Soldato
I don’t think anyone will be regretting paying a little under £500 for a 2080Ti to be honest... Even if NV are completely true to their word then it’s still a great card

Permabanned
Might be the best way to get value out of the 2080Ti is run it into the ground , only when you truly need to upgrade and not because you want to upgrade.

It's a powerful GPU and will run games another two years easily. If you bought it at launch and use it four years that's £300 a year or so.
Tbh i was unsure whether to upgrade to the 2080ti from my Titan Maxwells, they destroy 99% of games i throw at it at 1440p. Just because your gpu is old does not mean its no good.

Associate
I’ve picked up a second hand FE 2080Ti for £500 elsewhere. Would be a bit annoying if they start to drop even more but oh well, it’s a big upgrade anyway. Wish I was able to access the MM...

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I’ve picked up a second hand FE 2080Ti for £500 elsewhere. Would be a bit annoying if they start to drop even more but oh well, it’s a big upgrade anyway. Wish I was able to access the MM...
How comes? £149 more would have got you a brand new GPU that is faster, will get all driver optimisations going forward and has up to twice the RT/DLSS performance, comes with a game that will cost £30+ etc.

This is why I am puzzled why they don’t sell for £400 or less.

Soldato
How comes? £149 more would have got you a brand new GPU that is faster, will get all driver optimisations going forward and has up to twice the RT/DLSS performance, comes with a game that will cost £30+ etc.

This is why I am puzzled why they don’t sell for £400 or less.

I'm with you there.

At £400, I'd be tempted by a higher tier 2080 Ti as long as it had some warranty left.

But at £500, no way Jose.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I'm with you there.

At £400, I'd be tempted by a higher tier 2080 Ti as long as it had some warranty left.

Not saying all people are like this, but I think some think OMG, £1000+ GPU for £500?? Bargain... Rather than looking at it the way I did above.

Another thing to add is, everyone will be enjoying their new shiny Ampere cards, while people buying 2080Ti stuck on older tech. That makes a second hand 2080Ti £350-£400 card for me personally. But they will never reach that price point any time soon as people will keep buying them at £500 using OMG, bargain logic :p:D

Soldato
£149 more would have got you a brand new GPU that is faster
It doesn't work like this. There is a big different between 500 and 650 for a lot of people. I earn enough to be dumping into funds each month, but even to me 150 is still a lot of money.

but that said I also do not understand why even frugal individuals aren't just waiting, or trying to drive the 2080ti market down even more...

Associate
I'm with you there.

I’ve said this before, but it’s worth repeating: a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Who knows if the 3070 will perform as promised? Who knows if it will be readily available in October, or instantly sold out and resold by scalpers at ridiculous prices? £500 for a 2080Ti might turn out to be a steal.

I know I’m pleased with the MSI Gaming X Trio 2080 Super I got for £375 off eBay. Some were saying that's what a 2080Ti should be worth right now but I disagree. That's 2060 Super pricing, and there won’t be a replacement for that card from Nvidia till next year most likely.

Uncertainty, risk and time all have a cost associated. This should be basic!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It doesn't work like this. There is a big different between 500 and 650 for a lot of people. I earn enough to be dumping into funds each month, but even to me 150 is still a lot of money.

but that said I also do not understand why even frugal individuals aren't just waiting, or trying to drive the 2080ti market down even more...
Yes, in such a case there are many but’s :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I’ve said this before, but it’s worth repeating: a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Who knows if the 3070 will perform as promised? Who knows if it will be readily available in October, or instantly sold out and resold by scalpers at ridiculous prices? £500 for a 2080Ti might turn out to be a steal.

I know I’m pleased with the MSI Gaming X Trio 2080 Super I got for £375 off eBay. Some were saying that's what a 2080Ti should be worth right now but I disagree. That's 2060 Super pricing, and there won’t be a replacement for that card from Nvidia till next year most likely.

Uncertainty, risk and time all have a cost associated. This should be basic!
There is little uncertainty in being able to pick up a 3080 on launch if ready to order on release day I recon, so I feel my point stands. The only thing I do agree with is if ones budget can’t quite stretch to that extra £149 for some reason.

I will be surprised if I can’t get one in my hands this month.

Yeh, big but's.

I'm not sure I like big but's.
Haha :D

koh

koh

Associate
I've been looking for 2080 ti or 2080 s & set my limit £450 & £330 but all my offers at those been declined. Most still going for £550 upwards with odd one under £500.

Associate
True I;ve been a forum member on here for years and years but I don't feel the need to post all the time or very little. The 1k posts for me seems to be more about activity than actually anything else.

Just checked over 11 years I have been on these forums and yet I'm not a member.,,

Back
Top Bottom