• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
AMD are producing more than just desktop CPU cores on TSMC 7nm.
I didn't say just desktop, and the node question extends to the consoles too. Zen 3 isn't on the same node as Big Navi from what I recall. Which node the consoles is sat on remains to be seen and how it impacts everything else. But TSMC have 3 different 7nm nodes, and AMD pretty much have the run of the place to themselves anyway. AMD wouldn't put everything on 7nm if TSMC couldn't handle it; just because there are hundreds of thousands of console APUs being made doesn't automatically mean any other product line is getting short changed.

Associate
The 1660ti is was running low resolution but the 2080Ti's are running the same resolution as the AMD card and they are the fastest 2080Ti's in the database at the time. (so probably overclocked a lot) Going off of the recent overclocked 2080Ti vs 3080 Doom comparison, this GPU is faster than a stock 3080.

BigNaviPerf.png
That leaks really strange because it was so long ago, start of the year and nothing since.
There was a rumour that it could be crossfire. AMD have done that before. Remember the infamous 480 CF benchmark?

Man of Honour
I didn't say just desktop, and the node question extends to the consoles too. Zen 3 isn't on the same node as Big Navi from what I recall. Which node the consoles is sat on remains to be seen and how it impacts everything else. But TSMC have 3 different 7nm nodes, and AMD pretty much have the run of the place to themselves anyway. AMD wouldn't put everything on 7nm if TSMC couldn't handle it; just because there are hundreds of thousands of console APUs being made doesn't automatically mean any other product line is getting short changed.

They don't have the run of the place nothing like - they might be the largest [single] customer but all the other customers in combination are producing between 5 and 7 times what AMD is there.

Soldato
Frank Azor just tweeted this

https://twitter.com/AzorFrank/status/1303492877989879810?s=19

"The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow, tomorrow!
I love ya tomorrow!
You're always
A day
Away!"

when he says "you're always a day away" I wonder if that's reference to AMD uncanny ability to always show up a day late and a penny short with its graphic card performance

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Isn't tomorrow now today?

or as frank burns and radar put it in mash :D

Frank: I want to make a stateside call. It's a New York number - Canal 7-9000.
Radar: Uh, yes sir. I'll get on it first thing tomorrow morning.
Frank: Well, I don't want it first thing in the morning. I want it first thing now!
Radar: Uh, well, I can't reach them now, sir. I'll be calling them yesterday.
Frank: [Double Take] That's ridiculous!
Radar: Oh no, sir. They're sixteen hours behind us. Our today is their yesterday.
Frank: It's five o'clock in the afternoon!
Radar: That's here, sir. Back there, it's one o'clock yesterday morning. Everyone's gone to bed and said, "See you tomorrow", which by the time their tomorrow comes will be our yesterday.
Frank: Isn't it sixteen hours later there?
Radar: No sir.
Frank: What if it is? When would it be now there if it was our today here?
Radar: You see, we don't have the same now, sir. By the time their now becomes our now, this'll be then.
Frank: Okay. I think I got a bead on it. In order for me to talk to them at nine o'clock in the morning their time, what time does it have to be our when?
Radar: Uh. One o'clock our tomorrow morning will get you nine o'clock there today there, sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom