• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Associate
Good God, the level of anxiety & stress being exhibited by some in this thread over something as utterly trivial as a new GPU launch.

It can all be summed up, thus:

..'Oh no, the horror of it all, Its all just too much to contemplate! I may not get what i want, when i want it! I may have to put up with the suddenly slow, useless outdated crap in my PC for a few more weeks!!, how will I live with 50fps instead of 80fps! for a moment longer. Here OCUK, let me throw you an extra couple hundred quid to get one before anyone else!'

Seriously, It's all enough to turn someone into a full time console gamer and leave behind all this general level of self entitled stupidity that GPU launches brings out in people, it really is.
2080ti owner ?

Caporegime
The only thing concerning me about the FE3080 is the pin placement. The way im looking at it, it will always be on show and you will pretty much be forced into using the included cable which in turn looks short. This could look messy.

I hope I am wrong.

a lot of PSU manufacturers are doing leads which go from your PSU all the way to the new card if you are that fussed about looks.

Associate
THIRD world problems? lol

I think they are starvation and disease to name but a few!

I think what he was trying to say was there is more going on in this world than to be ecstatic and exited to be getting a piece of hardware that comes out every year or more frequently lol.

To be fair I was excited but the 100 million questions for something that hasn't even been reviewed is a bit over the top from some don't you think?

I'm excited as the next new GPU owner but some questions being asked when people don't have it in their hands to answer some of these questions is a bit much to be fair.

Associate
Jesus christ, this is supposed to be a place for enthusiasts to share in excitement, if it's not, why does it even exist?

How about instead of attempting to defecate on people from a great height, you just scroll past that which so existentially bothers you? Want to talk about entitlement missing the irony of a diatribe like that :rolleyes:

Good for you not to care with a fairly recent card that runs everything, some of us are stuck with 770's still and haven't been able to upgrade since as of yet! Why so judgemental?

Soldato
So ….
How bad is Asus RMA procedure then ? Is it timescales, or communication, or refusal of faults ?
I ask because as far as I can see the Asus is the only entry level model offering 2x HDMI, which would be a handy feature for me.

As some else asked @Gibbo could you clarify OcUK position on this for us please.

Caporegime
So ….
How bad is Asus RMA procedure then ? Is it timescales, or communication, or refusal of faults ?
I ask because as far as I can see the Asus is the only entry level model offering 2x HDMI, which would be a handy feature for me.

As some else asked @Gibbo could you clarify OcUK position on this for us please.

The gigabyte eagle is also dual hdmi

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...dr6x-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-1bv-gi.html

I think the gigabyte rep has confirmed its 3+1 year warranty as well.

Asus rma get a bad rep as they will find any reason to reject warranty claims. A sticker has been scratched on your card? Sorry warranty void etc.

Soldato
Ah nice one, thanks Greebo.
The GB one is a bit of an ugly duckling with its sticky out bit, but I wont see it once its in :p
With 3+1 warranty a good contender.

Associate
I highlighted that too, you get the XC3 version on their page but not ICX as listed on the OCUK page.

Gibbo had said before that EVGA has been a bit of an enigma in the UK to suppliers unfortunately.

icx3 is just the cooling system isn’t it? Also thought we’d see the ftw3 ultra as EVGA have said they will have more of them than the ftw3 base

Associate
icx3 is just the cooling system isn’t it? Also thought we’d see the ftw3 ultra as EVGA have said they will have more of them than the ftw3 base
Evga said there would be more availability of the Ultra, but never specified that it would be available from launch. In fact they categorically stated the only cards at launch from them would be XC3 and FTW3 cards day 1 on their forum.

Back
Top Bottom