Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe faces new charge in Iran.

Soldato
Well, its a woman being held in a country that treats women like second class citizens.

She should be released. I respect that Iran has its own system and way of doing things. But this just makes them look vengeful. Even in the worst case scenario it doesn't warrant a double trial.

She is not being held because she is a woman or because she was doing 'woman things'. It's got nothing to do with feminism.

Soldato
Mad mullahs will mad.

I never understand people who travel to countries who we have bad relationships with and are know to lock you up on trumped up charges for political gain or just because they are crazy as a coconut.

Commissario
Im not going that far.
But I trust the government team in this area. They obviously have more substantial information than the general public, so to distance themselves from the situation some to me means something is not as it seems.
You've got far more faith in Boris "the clown" Johnson that many of us.

I remember his comments about how she was there to teach journalism, and it was a high profile case back then.

But then the truth and doing a proper job has rarely been in the interest of Boris, as his being fired for writing nonsense in a newspaper back when he younger can attest.

Permabanned
You've got far more faith in Boris "the clown" Johnson that many of us.

I remember his comments about how she was there to teach journalism, and it was a high profile case back then.

But then the truth and doing a proper job has rarely been in the interest of Boris, as his being fired for writing nonsense in a newspaper back when he younger can attest.

Yes, you speak the truth.

I trust his judgement in this area. Not all. I’m sure there have been talks and discussions via her MP etc. They don’t even know the charges yet. Which slightly strange.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Not really. The fact that she is still being held is a shameful reflection of our international clout. That and the fact the US won't hand over Anne Sacoolas. Disgusting
That is SO unfair :eek:

Our leaving the EU without a plan, our willingness to ignore a law to which we signed up recently and our respected Leader and his chums totally losing the plot over Covid is a clear indication of how competent our esteemed Government is and of the clout this great Nation has on the Planetary stage.

Soldato
That is SO unfair :eek:

Our leaving the EU without a plan, our willingness to ignore a law to which we signed up recently and our respected Leader and his chums totally losing the plot over Covid is a clear indication of how competent our esteemed Government is and of the clout this great Nation has on the Planetary stage.
Yes we should go and bomb the **** out of them. Turn the sand to glass. OK now?

Back
Top Bottom