• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
In the meantime NV sells a metric butt load of cards....
or sells none because not for preorder, not for sale and then limited supply so, as long as AMD release "something" information wise before preorder of nVidia to make potential people not stoke up cash to nVidia their job is done. People knew this wasn't a same time release, AMD's timelines have been tougher and were never there to tie in with nVidia... if people can't wait for AMD then they were probably never going to buy AMD anyway... so good luck to those people hope they enjoy their 3000 series. Whoever you go red or green, it's not gonna be a crap card is it lol, it's like comparing a BMW M5 to a Merc AMD 6.3 either one is a monster!

Soldato
That leaks really strange because it was so long ago, start of the year and nothing since.
There was a rumour that it could be crossfire. AMD have done that before. Remember the infamous 480 CF benchmark?

Yeah, they have found out since that It's from a 4800H APU connected to a some unknown GPU, so I wouldn't read anything into it. The only reason it says that it's as an unknown AMD gpu is because it's reading that from the APU and that APU wasn't release back then.

Caporegime
The message was posted yesterday, if a day is 24 hours then tomorrow is today, probably late this evening.

Yet nothing more has been said by AMD or any of the main reviewers, who seemingly haven't even picked up on it.

I don't know what to make of that....

Soldato
Given the activity and triggering going on I think AMD are right on the money. All they need now are some decent value cards that cover the majority of gamers and they'll sell as many as they can make.

Caporegime
The message was posted yesterday, if a day is 24 hours then Tomorrow is today, probably late this evening.

image.png

Soldato
The message was posted yesterday, if a day is 24 hours then tomorrow is today, probably late this evening.

Yet nothing more has been said by AMD or any of the main reviewers, who seemingly haven't even picked up on it.

I don't know what to make of that....
yeah I'm thinking this evening UK time, something will come out give us something to moan/applaud about for this weekend lol

Caporegime
yeah I'm thinking this evening UK time, something will come out give us something to moan/applaud about for this weekend lol

Well, reading that message you would think so, I can't think why they would choose a quote with the word "Tomorrow" in it 5 times, if there is nothing in that then what is this whole message about? if it turns out to be nothing, that's some serious trolling.

Soldato
You obviously weren't around during the days of the 5850 and 5870 GPUs.

Great Cards, What I consider one of AMDs best cards. But, them releasing first wasn't through any great planning by AMD, it was because Nvidia completely messed up something with their Fermi process and basically had to do a complete revamp. Fermi ended up not launching until the end of March, 6 months after the the 5870 launched.

It's a shame that AMD weren't able to capitalise on the Nvidia mistake. There was serious stock shortages for the first 3 months after launch, everybody wanted a 5xxx card. And by the time they got enough cards in stock, there were leaks about Fermi. So people who waited for months for a 5870 decide to wait a little longer to see what Nvidia would come out with.

Caporegime
Its also a bit suspect that this Easter Egg was found by an AMD employee, its almost as if it was getting too late to be found for the "tomorrow" messaging, it needed to be got out so he was told, go here, do this, tweet it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom